- VS 2012.4 and TFS 2012.4 RC 4 is available – Brian Harry highlights the release of the final Release Candidate for Visual Studio and TFS 2012 Update 4
- Knockout 3.0 Release Candidate available – Steve Sanderson announces the release candidate of Knockout 3.0, the final pre-release version of 3.0. This release includes all the stuff from the 3.0 beta releases including substantial binding enhancements.
- Open sourcing Web Essentials 2012 – Mads Kristensen announces the open sourcing of the Web Essentials Visual Studio Extension. This is good news for the community and also excellent for anyone wanting to learn about Visual Studio Extensibility by reading code.
- YUI 3.13.0 Released – Andrew Wooldridge announces the RTM release of YUI 3.13.0, following on from the beta process this release contains over 500 commits and updates to over 15 of the components in the framework.
- Function Breakpoints – Brad Sullivan continues his series looking at the breakpoint and some of the more advanced features in Visual Studio. This post takes a look Function breakpoints, an easy way of ensuring the debugger breaks whenever a function (or an overload of a function) is called.
- AngularJS vs Knockout – Data Binding (2 of 8) – Eli-Weinstock-Herman continues his series looking at comparing AngularJS and Knockout. This post takes a look at how both frameworks handle databinding
- EmberJS :: Beyond the tutorials – Ryan Rauh discusses his recent experiences working with EmberJS, and shares some of the things he did and read to help make him a better developer on this platform.
- 10 ways to make your .NET projects play nice with others – Troy Hunt shares 10 tips to make your .NET projects more friendly to other devs, ranging from making sure all the bits needed to compile it are available to cleaning up your code repository by removing failed experiments and temporary files.
- Setting up a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment with Windows server 2012RC, TeamCity, GitHub, Azure websites, ASP MVC and MSTest for the absolute beginner – Iris Classon shares a substantial post looking at the step by step process of setting up a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment setup using GitHub, Azure and TeamCity
- A Simple HTML Minifier for ASP.NET – Dean Hume takes a look at the importance of minifying all the things, including your HTML, exploring some options for minification at publish time.
- Iterating quickly at a Hackathon with Azure Mobile Services and Dynamic Schema – Scott Hanselman discusses how the Windows Azure Mobile Services provided a technology which allowed his team at a recent hackathon to get up and running and iterating on a development project quickly.
- Evolutionary architecture boundaries – Jimmy Bogard discusses the evolution of architecture and the considerations of library choice for common tasks, as well as the boundaries at which you should consider changing technologies.