- 30 Days of TDD: Day Two - A Review of Object Oriented Principles - James Bender continues this new series on Test Driven Development for beginners with a look at some of the key concepts of Object Oriented Programming which are important to be aware of before thinking about testing.
- Expression API Cookbook - Sacha Barber and Ian P Johnson share jointly written article on the use of the Expression API in .NET, a very powerful but complex part of the framework. The article looks at 7 different scenarios and exploes how to implement them using the expression API.
- Good Old F5 Experience With OwinHost.exe on Visual Studio 2013 - Tugberk Ugurlu takes us through the Visual Studio 2013 feature which gives you back the standard F5 to run and debug when working with OWIN hosted applications
- ASP.NET WebAPI Hosting Techniques - Ranjan.D takes us through the two different ways of hosting ASP.NET Web API applications, exploring how the Self hosting and Web Hosting work.
- Live tiles for pinned websites in Windows 8.1 - Ian Moulster takes a look at the improved website pinning functionality included in Windows 8.1 / IE 11, illustrating with an example, and highlighting a tool to build the code required to give your site the same functionality.
- Creating New Windows Azure Web Site from Visual Studio 2013 RC - Johni Sutanto walks through the improved Windows Azure Websites support in Visual Studio 2013 RC, looking at how easily you can now create Windows Azure Websites from within Visual Studio.
- Entity Framework Pitfalls - Deleting Detached Entities With Required References - Ricardo Peres continues his Entity Frameworks Pitfalls series with a look at at how under certain circumstances you are unable to delete entities without loading them first
- Free online training event: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Jump Start (Sep 17) - Jon Galloway highlights a free Virtual training event on ASP.NET MVC4 web applications running on 17th September which he is co-hosting with Christopher Harrison. The session will explore all aspects of ASP.NET MVC and also includes a look at Web API and what is coming in ASP.NET MVC 5
- NxtGenUG - Event: Windows Server 2012 for Devs - The Birmingham NxtGenUG group welcome Lakhveer Kallar for a sessions on Windows Server 2012 from a development slant, looking at PowerShell, Hyper V, and much more on the evening of Tuesday 17th September.