- RavenDB 2.5 is out, and a happy New Year – Ayende officially announces the v2.5 of RavenDB, another significant relaese with a bunch of new features included. There will also be a webinar about the 2.5 release on Monday, and this post includes a link to register.
- 5 Days of Simple.Web: HATEOAS – Ian Battersby continues his 5 days of Simple.Web series with a look at Hypermedia as the engine of application state (HATEOAS) support in Simple.Web
- AutoMapper 3.0, Portable Class Libraries and PlatformNotSupportedException – Jimmy Bogard discusses the use of Portable Class libraries in AutoMapper 3.0, and discusses the use of a Platform Not Supported exception where there are areas of the library which won’t work on specific platforms but he doesn’t want to take the feature out of the library.
- Self-Hosting SignalR in a Windows Service – Rick Strahl takes a look at hosing SignalR inside your own executable, and explores the implementation within a Windows Service, providing a nice way to host SignalR outside of IIS using OWIN.
- Hadoop for .NET Developers: Understanding MapReduce – Bryan C Smith continues his series looking at Hadoop from the point of view of a .NET Developer with a look at the use of Map Reduce as the main data processing mechanism
- All about http chunked responses – Gilly Barr takes a look at one of the less used aspects of HTTP, chunked responses which allow non-buffered content to be sent to the browser.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1435