- Ember.js - Ember 1.0 Released - The Ember.js Team announce the release of version 1.0 of the Ember Framework. The 1.0 release has been the work of the past 2.5 years, and marks the start of a period of stability for the framework with no breaking changes until V2.0.
- 5 Days of Simple.Web: Resource Handling - Ian Battersby continues his mini-series looking at getting going with the Simple.Web web framework, exploring resource handling in today’s post.
- Web security, Dark Matter Developers and lowering the bar - Troy Hunt looks at a couple of other security howlers and reminds us that the blog reading community make up the good percentage of developers, and that there is a whole other group of ‘dark matter’ who we should be helping to get better at security
- Entity Framework Code First One to One With Cascade Delete - Ricardo Peres continues his series of posts on Entity Framework with a a short example of performing cascade deletes on one to one mappings when using code first mappings.
- ASP.NET SignalR Basis Step by Step (Part 2) - Zhuyun Dai continues with a second part looking at SignalR, exploring Hub communications and the scale out possibilities in this part of his CodeProject series.
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia’s devices & services business, license Nokia’s patents and mapping services - David Musgrave highlights the significant business news from yesterday that Microsoft are acquiring a large part of Nokia, bringing Nokia devices and the Windows Phone and Windows 8 ever closer.
- Live from Redmond - Visual Studio LightSwitch Town Hall Thursday, September 12, 2013 | 8:00AM - 9:30AM (PDT, Redmond Time) - Hosam Kamel highlights a town hall style meeting about the future of the Visual Studio Lightswitch product, which will also include a look at the new features in the Visual Studio 2013 version and feature a question and answer session too.
- Join the Webinar - Caching the Windows Azure Way on Sep 3, 2013 at 3PM IST (UTC +5:30) - Ravi Verma highlights a live webinar session with Anurag Sharma which will look at all aspects of utilising the Azure caching facilities