- NuGet 2.7 Release Candidate Available - The NuGet Team announce the release candidate release of NuGet 2.7, a release with significant community contributions which includes package restore by default, with improved stories for command line and Visual Studio, project re-targeting improvements, machine wide configuration defaults, performance improvements, and additional API features.
- Releasing a Planning Poker Application and multi sprint burn down chart - Visual Studio ALM + Team Foundation Server Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs - Charles Sterling highlights two recent releases from the ALM MVPs which add additional agile features to TFS providing planning poker and burn down chart capabilities.
- Mark your calendars for Windows 8.1! - Brandon LeBlanc announces the planned release date for the Windows 8.1 update
- AngularJS: AngularJS 1.2.0-rc1: spooky-giraffe - The AngularJS team announce the release candidate release of AngularJS 1.2.0. This release includes some breaking changes so be sure to check over you application if/when you upgrade.
- Hadoop for .NET Developers, Hadoop for .NET Developers: Understanding Hadoop, Hadoop for .NET Developers: Basic Architecture & Hadoop for .NET Developers: Setting Up a Desktop Development Environment - Bryan C Smith kicks off a new series of posts looking at the use of Hadoop from the perspective of .NET Developers. The first few posts give some background to Hadoop, and how it can be used.
- SQL Server Backup and Restore - Sergio Govoni highlights the latest free e-book from RedGate’s SQL Server team. This book focuses on the very important aspects of Backup and Restore, and will prove to be a good companion for any developers who have to look after SQL Server installations too.
- Eight Steps to Effective SQL Server Monitoring - Tony Davis shares 8 top tips for better monitoring of your SQL Server instances
- markrendle/mofo - Mark Rendle, creator of the very useful Azure Storage Management Tool Zudio discusses the creation of serialization formats, and discusses his very own ‘Mark’s Object FOrmat’ which provides data serialization in a more concise form than JSON.
- Toward Modern Web Apps with ECMAScript 6 - Ariya Hidayat discusses how the ECMA Script 6 language standard will help improve application development by providing much needed functionality natively in the language.
- Angular.js example application - Sacha Barber shares a detailed walk through of creating an application using AngularJS, touching on all the key concepts of the substantial framework.