- VS 2012.4 (Update 4) will exist! – Brian Harry announces the news that there will be a 4th update to Visual Studio 2012, with the release candidate available today.. The 2012.4 update will mostly be targeting addressing of issues with round tripping between 2013 and 2012, and will also address reported issues and fixes, although there are many more which will be added on top of those in the RC
- Download Visual Studio 2013 while your feedback still matters – Scott Hanselman encourages you to give Visual Studio 2013 a try soon while there is still time for your feedback to help influence the final product
- Everything you wanted to know about SQL injection (but were afraid to ask) – Troy Hunt goes into a deep dive on what SQL injection is and how it is such a risk, walking through some of the common uses of SQL Injection as a hacker
- Everything you ever wanted to know about ASP.NET request queueing – Lean Sentry have a nice post on the various aspects and performance counters relating to request queueing on ASP.NET and IIS – well worth a read to understand what the counters relate to, and what you should be monitoring on IIS.
- Writing Unit Tests for ASP.NET Web API Controller – Shiju Varghese takes a look at an Entity Framework ASP.NET Reference application, and sets about writing test for the Web API controllers in the project working step by step through the process.
- 27 Things only a Dev will find funny… – Greg Duncan highlights a post that has been doing the rounds the past few days of a number of pieces of pictorial humour targeted at the developer community
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1410