- SQL Server 2014 CTP1 Available for download – SQLDenis highlights the availability of the first CTP release of SQL Server 2014, available to download and try out, as well as available in the Azure Gallery where you can get a pre-configured Azure Virtual Machine image,
- SQL Server 2014 CTP Publically Available Now! – Jason Volpe highlights the SQL Server 2014 CTP release, and discusses some of the key new features included in the release.
- What’s new in IIS 8.5 – Microsoft Internet Information Services 8.5 New Features – Benjamin Perkins shares a look at the new features included in IIS 8.5, available in the Windows Server 2012 R2 edition, including Event Tracing for Windows support, Improved logging, dynamic site activation, and idle worker process paging out.
- Convention-based HTTP API on top of Nancy (with documentation!) – Paul Stovell shares an update on the rebuilding of his Octopus Deploy products API with a new convention based HTTP API running on top of the NancyFX Framework.
- Be a better developer: Octopus Deploy – The folks over at MindScape are running a series of posts looking at the software that they rely on to help build quality applications, and in this post John-Daniel Trask takes a look at their use of Octopus Deploy
- Working with Units and Amounts – Rudi Breedenraedt discusses the importance of knowing the units your quantities are measured in, and explores how you can help track of them in code using specific types for different units, sharing code examples.
- C# API Design: Type Inference, Named Parameters, and Generic Delegates – ‘Lost In Tangent’ takes a look at some of the more modern C# language features which allow you to build more complex yet discoverable APIs
- BUILD 2013 and Microsoft Store opening in Troy, MI – Jennifer Marsman highlights the start of this year’s //build event today, at 9am Pacific, and shares some links to help you keep on top of the news and announcements, including the details of the live stream.
- TechEd Europe Live Streams 25th – 28th June via Channel9 MSDN – Lee Stott also highlights the TechEd Europe conference underway in Madrid. As with the US Tech Ed there is a huge range of sessions on a vast range of topics, and there are live streams available via Channel 9
- DDD Melbourne – Sat 20th July – The Developer Developer Developer series of events has spread well beyond the UK, and Saturday 20th July sees the 4th DDD Melbourne taking place. Registration is open now.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1385