- Announcing TypeScript 0.9 & TypeScript 0.9 Preview Release – Jonathan Turner and Somasegar announce the release of the Preview Release of TypeScript 0.9. This is a major step along the road the for the project, introducing a number of exciting new features including Generics support.
- SemVer 2.0 Released – Phil Haack announce the release of the SemVer 2.0.0 specification which details the correct formation of Semantic Version Numbers. This specification release adds a number of clarifications and details of versioning build metadata.
- FsCheck 0.9 Released and moved to GitHub – Kurt Schelfthout announces the release of version 0.9 of FsCheck, along with the news that the project has been migrated to GitHub, to help aid collaboration, although that seems to be working well already as most of the changes in this release are community sourced.
- Strategies for isolating the database in tests – Jimmy Bogard discusses the importance of making tests independent of state, and looks at some strategies for working with the biggest form of state in tests, the database, from patterns such as database per developer, to the use of transactions to restore state to how it was.
- Deep Dive into NuGet Native (Part One) – Garrett Serack takes us under the covers to look at how NuGet supports C/C++ packages and explores the construction of packages and their constituent parts.
- NHibernate Conventions – Ricardo Peres takes a look at the use of conventions with NHibernate for the mapping of columns and tables and entities
- Five Essential Front-End Tools That Should be Used with Modern MVC Projects – Adam Tibi takes a look at some useful libraries you should probably seriously consider including in your web frontend projects to make working with CSS and HTML5 easier.
- Exclusive Sneak Peak: The AGENT Smart Watch Emulator and managed .NET code on my wrist! – Scott Hanselman gives us a glimpse of the AGENT smartwatch and the SDK that allows development of your own apps to run on the .NET Micro Framework based watch device.
- UG Tour in UK this week and next – Iris Classon is on a UK Usergroup Tour this week and next, giving sessions at usergroups in Bristol and Gloucestershire already, with the Telerik Developer Seminar today (Weds) in London, Windows Phone UG London this evening, Dev South Coast in Southampton on Thursday evening and the Windows Store App developer group in London on Monday 24th.