- Web Developer Checklist - the Chrome extension - Mads Kristensen announces the release of a Web Developer Check List Chrome Extension which also automates a large part of the check list as it is able to review the loaded page content. The extension is available via the Chrome webstore, and as its open source you can also get the source code from GitHub
- IIS Express GUI and Visual Studio 2010 integration - Matteo Tontini discusses the use of IIS Express and shares a nice simple utility for managing the sites configured in IISExpress, available from the projects CodePlex site.
- Portable Compression and HttpClient Working Together - .NET Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs - Immo Landwerth announces the release of two new beta NuGet packages for the HttpClient implementation which add in compressions support to this portable library
- Knockout.js Troubleshooting Strategies - Ryan Niemeyer shares some great debugging and troubleshooting techniques when working with Knockout.js, discussing logging, the use of the console, catching and working with exceptions and also a number of common problems.
- How to delete Open or Insecure Wi-Fi HotSpots from Windows 8: Wifi.exe Command Line Utility with Source - Scott Hanselman follows on from his recent Hanselminutes podcast with Troy Hunt where wireless security was one of the topics they covered, with a look at how you can remove the remembered networks from your Windows 8 installation.
- T4 - The Insource Code Monkey - Nick Harrison discusses one of the more unsung heroes in the Development, the code generation possible using T4 Templates, discussing how you probably are using them without even knowing, looking at motivations for uses in your own applications, and exploring how to go about it.
- ACID 2.0 in action - Jimmy Bogard continues his discussion of getting rid of two phase commit in messaging applications, and takes a look at ACID 2.0, a new version of the ACID acronym which aims to provide guidelines to allow a data model to provide high throughput without traditional locking.