- Download Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 RC 2 – Microsoft Downloads have the second release candidate of the Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 available for download now. This RC is a ‘go-live’ release and includes improved agile planning tooling for TFS along with a number of bugfixes across the whole product.
- Get /httpclient/rtm – 200 OK – Immo Landwerth announces the RTM release of HttpClient 2,1 available as a stable NuGet package and for production use. This release’s main feature is the ability to use HttpClient in Portable Class Libraries
- Edge.js – Running Node.js and .NET in One Process – Shiju Varghese takes a look at the exciting world of Edge.js which brings together Node.js and .NET code, providing a powerful bridge between the two environments and allowing hybrid applications to be created
- The State of Entity Framework and NHibernate – Ricardo Peres discusses two of the main competitors for ORM functionality on the .NET Framework, looking at how they differ as projects, and possible advantages for Entity Framework by being backed as a part of the framework, with a dedicated team.
- NancyFX – Hosting with OWIN – Phillip Haydon takes us on a walkthrough of getting NancyFX up and running on a OWIN host
- Understanding XSS – input sanitisation semantics and output encoding contexts – Troy Hunt takes a look at Cross Site Scripting, one of the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities discussing some of the techniques which can help you to protect your applications (and yourself) from such attacks.
- Flight Mode – Libraries – Aaron Powell continues this interesting series looking at the options for offline storage in web applications, exploring some of the wrapper libraries which put a wrapped API on top of the different storage APIs.
- NuPattern is a tool that helps you build tools… Don’t repeat manual, automate! – Over on the Coding For Fun blog, Greg Duncan takes a look at NuPattern, exploring how it can help you to build tooling for inside Visual Studio, exploring some of the resources for getting you up and running with NuPattern
- Planning the Next Rhino Mock – Mike Meisinger starts to outline the plans for Rhino Mocks now that he has taken over as project lead
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1366