- Just released - Prism for Windows Runtime - Blaine Wastell of the Patterns and Practices team at Microsoft announces the release of Prism for the Windows Runtime, previously codenamed ‘Kona’ targeting the development of Windows 8 applications. The release is amde along with an AdventureWorks based reference implementation, three quickstarts and associated documentation.
- Express names in code: Bad vs Clean - Mateusz Roszczak discusses guidelines and recommendations to help with naming in your code, one of the trickiest skills to master in programming
- Creating a Basic CRUD Application with Backbone.js Starter Kit - Kazi Manzur Rashid kicks off a new series of posts looking at building a Create Read Update Delete (CRUD) style application using his Backbone.js based application starter kit
- Working with TypeScript in Visual Studio 2012 - Gaston Hillar gives a nice introduction to TypeScript development in Visual Studio in this Dr Dobbs article
- The CORRECT Way to Code a Custom Exception Class - Doug Seelinger shares a templates for implementing exception classes which includes all the best practice techniques, along with support for correct serialisation of the data within the exception.
- Getting Started With Glimpse In ASP.NET MVC - John Sonmez shares an introductory tutorial on working with Glimpse with ASP,NET to see what is going on at the server end from right within your browser