Update: The joke was on me, with a bit of broken HTML in today’s Humour link causing issues with the rest of the page – thanks to Damien for letting me know via the comments
- jQuery Migrate 1.2.1 Released – Dave Methvin announces the release of jQuery Migrate 1.2.1 which addresses a regression defect in version 1.2 regarding rejection of valid HTML strings. The release is already available on the jQuery CDN in both minified and non-minified forms.
- Entity Framework Code First Validation & Entity Framework Code First Fluent Validation – Ricardo Peres takes a look at performing validation with Enfity Framework Code First entities exploring the various approaches to validation available in the box, and also explores constructing validation using a Fluent Interface
- Getting started with ScriptCS – Scott Smith shares an introductory look at ScriptCS, giving a nice getting started overview looking at installation, running samples, and starting writing your own scripts .
- Consistent error handling with Nancy – Paul Stovell is setting about moving his Octopus Deploy portal to run under NancyFX and in this post shares some of his experiences working with and handling errors in a Nancy based application
- W3C Transitions Pointer Events to Candidate Recommendation – Jacob Rossi highlights the change in status of the W3C Pointer Events to become a Candidate Recommendation. This specification is a concerted effort by browser vendors to standardise the various mouse and touch events to allow better more efficient development for application developers.
- When To Comment Your Code – Steve Smith discusses the art and science of commenting your code, drawing on various points of view in well know software development related books
- Skills Matter : In The Brain of Luke Hoban: TypeScript – Skills Matter welcome Luke Holban of the Microsoft TypeScript Team for an ‘In the Brain of’ session on the evening of Monday 20th May 2013 at the Skills Matter eXchange in London.
- Developer humor – Jason Jarrett highlights a couple of amusing developer related collections of animated gifs covering everything from Git to Project Management