- Visual Studio 2012.3 (Update 3) “go-live” CTP is now available & Release Candidate of Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 now available – Brian Harry and Charles Sterling highlight the availability of the release candidate / CTP of Visual Studio 2012 Update 3. This CTP release has a go-live license so enables supported use in a real world production environment, helping the team find issues before the RTM release.
- Glimpse 1.3.1 released – Anthony van der Hoorn announces the latest release from th Glimpse team with some major fixes to the Glimpse core as well as enhancements to ASP.NET and ADO features, with an ever growing team of contributors
- scriptcs gets a REPL! – Glenn Block announces the release of a REPL (Read Evaluate Print Loop) for ScriptCS which gives an interactive ScriptCS experience affording easy experimentation and many other powerful scenarios.
- .NET Security Part 2 – Simon Cooper continues his series looking at Security in .NET with a look at creating appdomains with different trust levels giving sandboxes for code to play in without exposing the whole application to it.
- 10 Years (of the CSS Zen Garden) – Dave Shea announces a refresh of the CSS Zen Garden, now 10 years old, and opens up to submissions using the best of CSS3 and Responsive Design. The original Zen Garden was a great resource in in early days of selling people on the concept of CSS based layouts, and I hope the new Zen Garden reaches these heights.
- .NET Crash Dump and Live Process Inspection – Lee Culver shares a look at a new managed library from the .NET Runtime Team which allows you to automate debugging inspection and capture more information about your crashes. The library, Microsoft.Diagnostics.Runtime or ClrMD) provides a code interface to working with a processes state, and is certainly something I’ll be having a play with in the future.
- Handling IE 9 & 10’s and Chrome’s clear button with Knockout binding
– Kevin Logan takes a look at an interesting problem when working with Knockout.js in modern browsers which have additional functionality in the input text box
- An Editor Pattern for Knckout.js Using TypeScript Inheritance – Steve Michelotti shares a look at an editor pattern for Knockout based code which provides for the accept / cancel of user changes
- Free Visual Studio Lifecycle Tools Events – Mike Taulty highlights the latest series of events from the team at Microsoft UK, which will be taking a look at the Application Lifecycle Management features of Visual Studio / TFS in Cardiff, Nottingham, Reading, London and Glasgow during May and June
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1351