- Kinect for Windows now on CodePlex &Kinect for Windows developer blog launches with announcement of new open source sample code - Lee Stott and Jim Galasyn highlight the latest release from the Kinect for Windows team, the open sourcing and publication on CodePlex of samples for working with the Kinect device, totalling some 22 samples in C#, C++ and Visual Basic
- March 2013 Internet Explorer Updates - The Internet Explorer Team highlight their recent security patches, rated as critical for all consumer versions of IE (6-10) - check your updates and make sure you are all up to date.
- A Message Flow in ASP.NET Web API OData - Hongmei Ge discusses how the open source nature of the ASP.NET stack means that you can easily get a really good understanding of how data moves through the framework, taking a look at how a message flows in an ASP.NET Web API OData situation.
- Troubleshooting dependency resolution problems using Process Monitor - Faisal Mansoor discusses assembly loading issues with .NET applications, before looking at how you can trouble shoot these kinds of issues using tooling as simple as SysInternals Process Monitor
- Tips to improve Entity Framework Performance - Rahul takes a look at 10 things that can help you improve the performance of you Entity Framework Code, ranging from organisation of Unit of work, to optimal querying
- Deploy a Secure ASP.NET MVC application with OAuth, Membership and SQL Database - Rick Anderson takes us on a detailed walkthrough of the ASP.NET MVC OAuth functionality, looking at getting it up and running in an application hosted on Windows Azure Websites, going step by step through the whole process
- Creating Hashtag Monitor app. A application using Windows Azure Mobile Services - Ahmed Sabbour takes us through the process of using Windows Azure Mobile Services (for free) to create a Windows 8 application which monitors hashtags and alerts the use of new tweets on the hashtag
- Load testing REST APIs - Stian Sveen discusses the various tools he has used for performing load testing of REST based APIs, discussing how each tool worked from his point of view, and providing a useful catalogue of products to check out if you need something similar.
- Unity Configuration - Registration by Convention - Grigori Melnik discusses a feature that is being added to Unity 3.0 which brings convention based registration to the Unity Container