Posted by Chris Alcock on Tuesday 12th February 2013 at 09:32 am | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Autofac 3.0.1 Released – Travis Illig announces the release of AutoFac 3.0.1, a bugfix release which addresses a memory leak in the 3.0.0 release when used in long running applications – if you’ve moved to 3.0 this is an update you will want.
- PhoneGap 2.4.0 Released – The PhoneGap team announce the release of PhoneGap 2.4.0 available for download now, and featuring a substantial number of changes, improvements and bugfixes across the supported mobile platforms.
- Static constructors, part two – Eric Lippert continues discussion of static constructor
sin in C# with a look at one of the edge cases which exposes the leaky abstraction of inheritance with static methods and constructors which results in constructors not being called when you might think they would.
- But I don’t want to call Web Api controllers "Controller"! – Filip W takes a look at the auto discovery of controllers by the naming convention, and explores how you can customise the convention to load controllers your own way.
- Don’t mix await and compound assignment – ‘JaredPar’ takes a look at the use a async/await as a part of assignment operations discussing how the compiler re-writes code in these situations and how the evaluation actually takes place taking into account the async possibilities.
- Postcards from the post-XSS world – Michal Zalewski takes an interesting look at the variety of techniques available for cross site scripting attacks, discussing the attacks in detail. Well worth reading to get inside the head of potential attackers and to better think about the security of the code we write.
- Security Code Review & In depth Cross Site Scripting – ‘Chris’ takes a look at the practices of performing code reviews specifically focused on security, and also explores a number of other Cross Site scripting attacks
- NHibernate Pitfalls: Sets and Hash Codes – Ricardo Peres continues his series looking at some of the common misconceptions or confusions with NHibernate, looking at the use of Sets and Hash Codes within those sets
- Virtual Classroom : Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start – Scott Hanselman and Jon Galloway host a Microsoft Virtual Academy session on building modern web applications using ASP.NET adn ASP.NET MVC 4. The session is free, and available virtually, taking place on February 19th running all day (8am-5pm PST)
1 Comment »