- jQuery Mobile 1.3.0 RC1 Released – Todd Parker announces the release of the first Release Candidate of jQuery Mobile 1.3.0, a release which focuses on responsive web design, and adds a variety of new controls with some level of responsiveness. As usual the team are keen to have your feedback
- Coding4Fun Toolkit v2 Released (aka Coding4Fun.Phone.Toolkit), now with Windows Store, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7! – Greg Duncan highlights the release of the Coding4Fun Toolkit which now includes implementations for Windows Phone 7 and 8 along with Windows Store Applications, along with other new features and controls from the Coding4Fun team.
- How to invoke XDT from code – Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi continues discussion of the XDT library, now available on NuGet which powers the web.config transformations, and in this post discusses using the library from your own code to allow you to programmatically transform configuration files.
- Creating a simple REST like service with OWIN – Open Web Server Interface – Fredrik Normén takes a look at the basics of the OWIN implementation which allows you to easily create web server applications from pure .NET Code, exploring how you can quickly and easily create REST-like services.
- TFS Build Custom Activity : TODO Counter – Charlie Mott shares a nice simple TFS Build Activity which processes the source and counts the numbers of TODO comments (configurable) – a nice introduction to the kinds of things you can easily plug in to the TFS Build process.
- Improvements in Windows Store Unit Tests: Test Exceptions in Async Lamba Expressions, Run Tests on the UI Thread – Visual Studio ALM + Team Foundation Server Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Charles Sterling digs a little deeper into some of the improvements for Unit testing Windows Store applications, discussing support for running tests on the UI thread, working with async Lamba Expressions which throw exceptions.
- Walkthrough: Locking Asynchronous File Operations – Jerry Nixon shares the work of Hans Windhoff who took his StorageHelper class for working with Windows Store Applications Storage, and extended it with improved support for concurrency.
- asynchrony is viral – Daniel Moth discusses the infectiousness of asynchrony, and how by introducing it you will find that it spreads throughout your code base
- Safer Internet Day 2013 – Microsoft’s Australian Government Technology blog reminds us that today is Safer Internet Day 2013 – be safe out there folks
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1288