- Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 (KB2707250): New Features – Zain Naboulsi shares a post containing details and links to further information about all the new features that were included in the Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 release
- The problem with website security is us! – Troy Hunt discusses the root cause of website security issues – the developers who put them in place, exploring some of the nasty / bad implementations he has found, and discussing the dangers of sharing and perpetuating bad information
- Magical Web API action selector – HTTP-verb and action name dispatching in a single controller – Filip W shares and discusses an implementation of a custom WebAPI Action Selector which allows a mix of styles of dispatching in the same controller, making it easier to support a common nested URI Structure.
- Handing MVC paths with dots in the path – Scott Forsyth discusses resolving a problem with MVC route paths which contain dots, discussing why IIS gets them confused with files and doesn’t pass them through to MVC, and sharing a couple of solutions to the problem.
- Simple way to bind an Enum to a DropDownList in MVC – Nick Harrison walks through an implementation which allows you to easily bind properties which have enum values to drop down lists in ASP.NET MVC , demonstrating some of the useful extensibility features of the platform.
- Starting Windows Phone Development: Lesson 3 of n – Navigation between Pages and passing Parameters – Bandar Alsharfi is mid-series on a series looking at Windows Phone Development. This post takes a look at passing information between pages in your applications, showing the use of Query String parameters between XAML pages.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1275