- Threading threading safely with the Immutable Collections Preview from the BCL Team - Greg Duncan highlights a preview release from the BCL team released lat last year which provides immutable collections for .NET, allowing you to safely work with collections across multiple threads
- Replace JSON.NET with ServiceStack.Text in ASP.NET Web API - Filip W discusses how the plugability of ASP.NET Web API affords you the ability to swap out various components used, taking a look in this post at swapping out the standard JSON.NET Serializer with that from ServiceStack.Text
- Thoughts on TypeScript - Aaron Powell shares his thoughts on the TypeScript language having used it recently to implement a small formula parsing library
- Mitigate The Billion Dollar Mistake with Aspects - Phil Haack discusses the evils of the null reference, and looks at how you can use aspect oriented programming techniques (usign PostSharp here) to provide protection from the evil null.
- A Windows Phone 8 Run Tracking App in 100 Lines of Code - Colin Eberhardt shares a nice article which looks at the easy and limited amount of code required to build a fully featured Windows Phone applications
- Using sql compact for integration tests with entity framework - Eric Hexter discusses the use of SqlCompact for providing a database for use in integration tests when working with Entity Framework
- MEF 2.0 TOC - Bnaya Eshet kicks off a new series of posts looking at the Managed Extensibility Framework 2.0, with the first two parts of what looks to be a 7 part useful reference series
- "Unplugged" LIDNUG online talk with me on Tuesday (Jan 9th) - Scott Guthrie kicks off the new year with another Unplugged session with LIDNUG. The session will follow the usual format for this now quite regular event, and will be taking place from 2pm PST on Tuesday 9th January