- ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 (Release Candidate) – Scott Hanselman announces the release candidate of the ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 update, an update of that released at Build earlier this year. This brings with it SignalR as a part of the ASP.NET Stack, extensionless webforms, additional tooling and templates, updates to WebAPI, and much more
- Custom MVC 4 Template Walkthrough – Ian takes a look at the support for packaging up ASP.Net MVC Templates in VSX packages, to make sharing an installation easier, a new feature of the 2012.2 update.
- Prism on .NET 4.5 and the road to Windows 8 apps – Blaine Wastell discusses Patterns and Practices plans to build a guidance package for building Line of Business Windows 8 Applications using .NET 4.5 with Prism
- Powering Presentations, Productivity Power. A peek at the VS 2012 Productivity Power Tools PresentOn/PresentOff – Greg’s Cool [Insert Clever Name] of the Day – Greg Duncan highlights a post from Nathan Totten discussing the Productivity Power Tools and a useful feature for those who present which allows easy toggling of IDE settings for presentation mode.
- Nancy and VB.Net: testing your modules. – Christiaan Baes continues his exploration of working with Nancy using VB.NET with a look at testing your modules using the Nancy.Testing package
- Knockout JS mappings – Marco Franssen discusses the use of Knockout.JS’s mapping which allows the easy conversion of JSON objects to Knockout Observables.Update: Linked the article directly to the original on Marco’s own blog
- Collection Of Puzzles For Programmers – SQLDenis shares a collection of fun programming problems which are both interesting to solve, and great practice