Short edition today as time was limited by an alarm clock malfunction this morning.
- Visual Studio 2012 ALM Virtual Machine with Update 1 and hands-on-labs / demo scripts now available – Charles Sterling highlights the release of the ALM Virtual Machine, now updated with Visual Studio Update 1, and a collection of 21 hands on labs and demo scripts
- Building Back-end Data and Services for Windows 8 Apps: ASP.NET Web API – Devhammer is mid way through a series looking at the variety of techniques available for building backend and storage services for Windows 8 Applications. In this part the ASP.NET Web API is the technique explored
- Elegant Code » Easily set Visual Studio keyboard bindings with the Nuget Package Manager Console – Jason Jarrett discusses using NuGet Packages and the scripting capability to make your custom Visual Studio Key Bindings portable and easily created by simply installing a package.
- Multitenancy in SQL Azure – Pablo M. Cibraro discusses a couple of techniques for making multi-tenant applications using SQL Azure as a backing store, discussing the pros and cons of each approach.
- Walkthrough: Building a Sweet Dial in XAML for Windows 8 – Jerry Nixon walks through the creation of a custom XAML based control dial, discussing its creation, the maths behind making it transform as intended, and sharing a video of the whole creation process.
- Debugging memory issues with RavenDB using WinDBG – Ayende walks through some of the the debugging he did using WinDBG to diagnose some memory issues in RavenDB
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1249