- Web Essentials nightly builds – Mads Kristensen announce a custom Extensions and Updates feed for Visual Studio 2012 which allows you to get the latest and greatest nightly builds of the Web Essentials Visual Studio Extension
- Babel Obfuscator 126.96.36.199 Released – The Babel Obfuscator team announce the release of Babel Obfuscator 188.8.131.52, a release which adds support ofr .appx packages and .windm assemblies, as well as introducing a setup step to NGen all assemblies after installation to improve startup times.
- Adding a simple Test Client to ASP.NET Web API Help Page – Yao continues discussion of the ASP.NET Web API Help Page functionality with a look at adding a test client to your API help allowing interactive calls to the APIs to be made through a simple form UI.
- StringBuilder performance issues in .NET 4.0 and 4.5 – Jan Krivanek discusses a significant performance difference in StringBuilder performance between framework versions, highlighting why it may be dangerous to re-use local variables .
- 31 Days of Windows 8 | Day #31: Design – Jeff Blankenburg and Clark Sell round out their joint series looking at Windows 8 Development in both C# / XAML and JS/HTML with a discussion of UI design, and the common patterns available to help make your application feel like it fits in on the platform.
- Visual Studio 2012 Image Library – 5,000+ images downloadable now… (Think, flat "modern" images…) – Greg Duncan highlights a 5000 string image library for for use in applications, containing various iconography, across a huge range of areas of the platform.
- Scaled DPI-aware image assets for Windows 8 Apps in Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 – Pete Brown highlights some improved image handling features for Windows 8 applications included in Visual Studio 2012 Update 1
- Announcing a Web Camps Winter World Tour starting December 2012 – Jon Galloway highlights a series of Web Camp Events taking place across the world during December, all of which have some great names in the .NET world speaking, and some of which will be streamed live. There are also a few other locations where they are planning similar events early next year.
- Sheffield .NET User Group – The Sheffield .NET Usergroup are meeting this Thursday (6th December) where Daley Chetwynd will be giving a session on ‘Introduction to Mono’
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1245