- Ten - oh, wait, eleven - Eleven things you should know about the ASP.NET Fall 2012 Update - Jon Galloway discusses the release of the first preview of the ASP.NET Fall 2012 update. This update contains a number of update to project items and templates, improvements to ASP.NET Web API and much more.
- ASP.NET Fall 2012 update (preview) is out - what’s new for Web API developers? - Filip W. takes a look a at the various WebAPI improvements and enhancements included in the ASP.NET Web API updates in the Preview of the ASP.NET Fall Update.
- Team Foundation Service RTM - &
- Team Foundation Service is Released - Brian Harry and Somasegar announce the public availability / RTM of Team Foundation Service, the hosted TFS provided by Microsoft.
- Team Foundation Service is live! It’s Free! - Jerry Nixon also discusses the RTM and highlights the free plan available for up to 5 developers.
- EF6 Alpha 1 Available on NuGet - Rowan Miller highlights the release of the first alpha release of Entity Framework 6, available now via a per-release package on NuGet, highlighting some of the key features available in the alpha such as Async, Dependency resolution, an updated provider model and improved .NET 4.0 performance.
- MVVM Light V4.1 with support for Windows Phone 8 - Laurent Bugnion announces version 4.1 of his MVVM Light framework which now supports Windows Phone 8. This release also only works with Visual Studio 2012 editions, and is available as an installer via CodePlex
- Meet IntelliCommand (Visual Studio 2010/2012 extension) - Denis Gladkikh highlights the IntelliCommand extension for Visual Studio which aids in the learning of keyboard shortcuts by providing the various options available as the next keystrokes in a chord.
- Abstraction: The Rule Of Three - Derick Bailey discusses the concept of the Rule of Three, looking at how it provides the happy point between the DRY and YAGNI principles, exploring its origins in mathematics and looking at how to apply it to code.
- Design patterns in the test of time: Singleton - Ayende continues his series looking at the original Gang of Four patterns, exploring the Singleton pattern, discussing how it is commonly implemented, and its common uses.
- Ever wanted to know what Windows Azure is? - Rob Margel highlights a nice Windows Azure poster illustrating some of the key concepts and components in the Windows Azure platform.
- UX: Color is only meaningful if it’s different - Ryan Rauh discusses the important role that colour provides in User Interfaces, discussing its role in user experience, illustrating with examples.
- Specification by example and Model based testing - Marcus Hammarberg introduces the concepts of Specification By Example, and Model Based Testing and looks at the similarities and differences between these two approaches.
- Windows Azure Conf - Microsoft announced yesterday that they will be hosting a free virtual community conference for all things Windows Azure on Wednesday 14th November. The event will feature the best of the community, along with some familiar faces from the team at Microsoft. Registration is recommended to ensure that you get the full details when announced.