- Updates: Coreinfo v3.1, Desktops v2.0, Livekd v5.3, PsPasswd v1.23, Testlimit v5.22, Whois v1.11 – The Sysinternals team share updates to 6 of their tools, a few of which are updates to support Windows 8. This includes Desktops 2.0 virtual desktop support for Windows 8, support for LiveKd kernel debugging on Windows 8.
- New Web Optimization Pre-Release Package on NuGet – Howard Dierking highlights the latest development on the ASP.NET Web Optimisation library which adds support to fall back through content delivery networks to local paths, template strings, Virtual Path Providers. The latest version is available as a pre-release package on NuGet.
- What’s new in ASP.Net 4.5 and VS 2012 – part 1 & Part 2 – Nikolaos Kantzelis takes a screen shot rich look at the new features of Visual Studio specifically aimed at ASP.NET developers, exploring amongst others the improvements in the editor for both server and client side code and CSS.
- ASP.NET 4.5 & MVC 4: Revisiting IBundleTransform – Nandip Makwana takes a look at the changes between developer preview and release with regard to the Bundling and Minification support of the Web optimization frameworks.
- Newsflash! ASP.NET Web API does not Sit on Top of ASP.NET MVC! In Fact, It does not Sit on Top of Anything – Tugberk Ugurlu highlights the not insignificant fact that the ASP.NET Web API does not rely on the ASP.NET MVC stack, instead resting only on top of the .NET Framework, part of the fact that makes embedding WebAPI inside your own applications possible.
- From API key to user with ASP.NET Web API – Maarten Balliauw takes a look at the MVC like Filters that are present in ASP.NET WebAPI, looking how you can use the framework to create API-Key support for your Web API endpoints.
- Multi threaded design guidelines for libraries: Part III – Ayende continues discussion of the use of Multi-threading in library code, discussing the dangers of exceptions, and the lack of understanding of the calling applications requirements, discussing how you can at least allow the controlling code to decide how to do the threading.
- Web Performance: When millisecond resolution just isn’t enough – Jatinder Mann of the Internet Explorer Team discusses another W3C Proposed Recommendation, this time addressing the need for high resolution rime within Web client applications.
- The Sophisticated Procrastinator – Volume 1 – Miguel de Icaza shares a collection of links in the first of what I hope will be a regular series – lots of interesting things to read in there on all things .NET, open source, and wider.
- Free Webcast – Getting Started with .NET Gadgeteer – Clare Morgan highlights a free webcast event presented by Simon Morgan which will take a look at getting started with the .NET Gadgeteer. The event takes place on Thursday 8th November 9pm UK, 4pm New York, etc.