I’m planning on putting together a DDDNorth2 themed Afternoon Tea post this evening – if you have content relating to DDDNorth2 let me know the link and I’ll include it.
- Juice UI – The JuiceUI Team have released version 1.1 of JuiceUI which includes jQuery 1.9 support, additional widget controls and new themes. The release is available from GitHub or via a NuGet Package
- Download: Service Bus – Microsoft Download Center – Download Details – The 1.0 release of Service Bus for Windows Server is now available from the Microsoft Downloads site, bringing Azure Service Bus functionality to your private servers, enabling the building of decoupled queue based applications on your own infrastructure.
- An easy solution for improving app launch performance – Brandon Bray shares another post, this time from Dan Taylor, looking at the improvements to .NET Application Startup with .NET 4.5’s new MultiCore JIT, showing the improvements possible, and looking at how it works under the hood.
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: Using ‘default’ to Get Default Values – James Michael Hare continues his C# and .NET Little Wonders with a look at how you can obtain a default value for any type when working with generic types
- Syntactic Sugar and the Async Pill – Dino Esposito dicusses the magic that happens behind the scenes when you take advantage of the new async/await functionality available in the .NET 4.5 languages, looking at the application of the functionality and how it works.
- How to convert your old sequential code in to async – Bahrudin Hrnjica takes a simple look at how you can make your sequential code into asynchronous code using Tasks.
- ASP.NET Web API file download service with resume support – Piotr Walat takes a look at streaming file data back to the consumer using WebAPI, exploring how you can go about adding additional functionality such as resume support to the processing.
- Setup and configure a MVC4 project for Cloud Service(web role) and SQL Azure – Magnus Karlsson takes a ‘warts and all’ look at getting an ASP.NET MVC 4 application up and running in an Azure Web Role with a SQL Azure backend, showing the process step by step and also highlighting any troubles / problems he encountered.
- Aspect Oriented Programming: learn step by step and roll your own implementation! – CodeProject – Guirec Le Bars takes a look at implementing aspect oriented programming interception from a lightweight approach, discussing the concepts of AOP before diving into the code to implement.
- 6 important use of Partial/Mock testing – Shivprasad koirala and Marla Sukesh discuss partial testing, the testing process, Act Arrange Assert tests, and explore the uses of mocking frameworks in this CodeProject article
- LIDNUG – a milestone reached – The Linked In .NET User Group reached a milestone recently, with both their 5th year and 50,000th member joining occurring in a short space of time. This is a great UG to be a member of as they regularly have excellent presentations available virtually, from well know industry speakers