Really looking forward to this weekend at the DDD North 2 Community Conference. I’m there delivering my session on Web Sockets and SignalR, and generally being spoiled for choice with the vast array of other excellent sessions. If you see me there please come and say hello.
- Web Essentials 1.4 released - Mads Kristensen announces the release of Web Essentials 1.4, the latest version of his Visual Studio Extension which adds further support for modern web development to the Visual Studio IDE. This release includes automatic CSS Schema File updates, enhanced support for Modernizr classes in the CSS editor, in IDE minification, CSS and LESS document outline view, enhanced intellisense (including settings to limit to W3C standards only) and much more.
- We did it! Office 2013 RTMs today! - Jerry Nixon highlights the news that Office 2013 has now RTM’d, with enterprise and WinRT device users getting it by the end of the month, and general availability next year
- MSDN subscribers worldwide get Pluralsight Starter Subscription - Brian Harry highlights an awesome offer from MSDN and Pluralsight, offering MSDN Subscribers a free Pluralsight Starter subscription providing access to 25 online courses. To qualify you have to register before 11 December, and sadly there are some restriction on the types of MSDN you have to have (partner programme, *Spark programme and MS FTE MSDN subscriptions don’t qualify)
- Five (so far) free Windows 8 On-demand video training sessions from Jeffrey Richter & Wintellect - Greg Duncan highlights 5 free Windows 8 On Demand training sessions from Jeffrey Richter and Wintellect, looking at Application Architecture & Language Projections, Working with WinRT’s Async API’s, Windows Store App Threading Model, Building the App Package and working with Storage Files & Folders.
- Introducing Rhino.Events - Ayende introduces his latest Open Source Project, Rhino.Events is a .NET library which provides a lightweight and fast embedded Event Store implementation. Source is available on GitHub
- How to call WinRT APIs in Windows 8 from C# Desktop Applications - WinRT Diagram - Scott Hanselman takes a look at how ou can actually call the WinRT APIs from your C# Windows Desktop applications on Windows 8 machines, walking through an example looking at calling Sensor APIs.
- A Beginner’s Tutorial on Implementing IEnumerable Interface and Understanding yield Keyword - Rahul Rajat Singh takes a back to basics look at the IEnumerable Interface and how you should go about implementing and using it, along with a look at the much under used yield keyword.
- Casting is a Polymorphism Fail - Erik Dietrich discusses how the use of casts in polymorphic code hints at a failure to properly implement polymorphism, illustrating with examples.
- Black Marble Events - A Windows Azure Update - The fine folk over at Black Marble are running another of their half day technology briefings on Wednesday 14 November which will be looking at recent developments on the Windows Azure Platform.
- Event: Tech.Days Online in the UK: 30/31 October ˜’12 - Planky highlights the online complement to the IT Pro TechDays events taking place at the end of this month, with content from both days (30/31 October) running online as well.
- Shropshire Dev Net | 7th November - Chris Alcock - Web Sockets and SignalR - On the 7th November I will be taking a trip down to the Shropshire Dev Net usergroup in Telford where I will be delivering my session on Web Sockets and Signal R (possibly for the last time). This is practically the same session that I have delivered at the UK community conferences this year (including DDD North 2 tomorrow), and provides a ‘last chance to see’. I look forward to seeing some of you there.
- DDD North 2 Windows Phone 7 Agenda application - Gary Ewan Park highlights the availability of an agenda application for the DDD North 2 conference for Windows Phone 7. The conference takes place tomorrow, and the app has not yet been approved in the market place, but Gary provides the details of how you can still side load the application onto your developer device.
- Next F#unctional Londoners Meetup - F# on the GPU with Alea.CUDA, Thursday, October 18, 2012 - Don Syme highlights the next F#unctional Londoners event taking place on Thursday 18th October where Dr Daniel Egloff will be taking a look at running F# code on the GPU using Alea.CUDA.