- Announcing jQuery Mobile 1.2.0 Final - The jQuery Mobile team announce the official release of jQuery Mobile 1.2. This release has been through various preview releases, and the team now feel it is ready to be classed as a final release including new controls, over 100 enhancements, all from a contribution team of almost 200 people!
- Part 1 of 4: Introduction to Consuming Azure Mobile Services from Android , Part 2 of 4 , Part 3 of 4 & Part 4 of 4 - BrunoTerkaly shares another 4 part series looking at consuming Windows Azure Mobile Services from native Android applications, running through the server setup and creating an application to consume the exposed services.
- MSDN Magazine: October 2012 - The October Edition of MSDN Magazine is now available online, featuring articles on iOS and Windows Phone Development, Task Parallel Libarary, OData, Cloud Numerics, along with the usual columns.
- Multilingual App Toolkit for developing Windows Store apps using Visual Studio 2012 - Sara Thomas takes a look at the Multilingual App Toolkit for Windows Store applications, and extension for Visual Studio 2012 for Windows 8 (which includes the Express Edition) and provides easy mechanisms to assist you in the translation of your application using Machine Translation Services and localizers.
- Scripting Web API self host with Roslyn CTP - Part 2 - Filip W returns with the second aprt of this series looking at combining WebAPI with Roslyn to provide scriptable use of WebAPI.
- Advanced Options of ASP.NET Bundling and Minification - Imran Baloch takes a look at some of the more advanced features and configuration of the ASP.NET Bundling and Minification features
- NxtGenUG - Event: Lions and tigers and hackers, - Phil Winstanley visits the Manchester / Warrington / Daresbury NxtGenUG for a session looking at a variety of ‘cyber threats’ on the evening of Monday 15th October 2012
- Event: Umbraco UK Festival 2012 - 26th October 2012 - Sarah Lamb highlights third annual Umbraco UK Festival, being held on Friday the 26th October 2012 in London. Registration is required for this event, and there is a very small charge (£13.50) tpo register, but the event has a great speaker lineup and is sure to be well worth a visit if you do anything Umbraco.
- NxtGenUG - Event: Using Intellitrace to Fix Prod - Tarun Arora visits the Birmingham NxtGenUG for a session looking at performance problem debugging in the production environment on the evening of Tuesday 23rd October 2012.