Another shorter than planned edition today, once again traffic is the culprit
- September Update CTP for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 - Charles Sterling shares the news of the new rapid CTP release cycle for updates to Visual Studio 2012 and TFS 2012 which will be made every three 3 weeks, highlighting the features in the most recent release
- ReSharper 7.1 Early Access is Open - JetBrains announce the opening of the Early Access Programme for ReSharper 7.1, your chance to play with and give feedback on the features that will be going into the next release.
- Primitive Obsession, Custom String Types, and Self Referencing Generic Constraints - Phil Haack discusses the use of primitive data types in your applications, looking at the advantages and disadvantages of using them, and exploring how you can get some of the benefit of both worlds using .NET conversions via helper classes.
- How can I enumerate thee? Let me count the ways… - Jon Skeet discusses the enumerab’ility of String values in .NET taking a look at what goes on in the compiler when doing so, and how it might not be what you expect.
- ASP.NET Web API Help Page Part 1: Basic Help Page customizations - Yao continues discussion of the creation of Web API Help Pages taking a look at customization of the help page in this post
- FAQ on NP .NET Profiler &Troubleshooting Performance Issues in Web Application - Prashant Pratap introduces the NP .NET Profiler, a tool for working on trouble shooting performance and memory issues, along with first chance exceptions
- ASP.NET MVC - Basic overview of different view engines - Shemeer NS takes a brief look at the range of different view engines available for ASP.NET MVC in this CodeProject Article.