- WCF Data Service 5.1.0-rc2 Released - The WCF Data Services Team are nearing completion of the WCF Data Services 5.1.0, and have yesterday released their 2nd Release Candidate release. This RC is available as a NuGet Package, and contains a new JSON Serialization format, further client side events and support out of the box for $format and $callback to help enable JSONP use cases.
- Node v0.8.10 (Stable) - Earlier this week the Node.js team announced the release of Node 0.8.10 (stable), which, as usual, is available for a variety of platforms, and contains a range of bugfixes, improvements and updates to components.
- Part 1 of 5: Introduction to Consuming Azure Mobile Services from iOS, Part 2 of 5, Part 3 of 5, Part 4 of 5 & Part 5 of 5 - Bruno Terkaly takes us on a journey of consuming the Windows Azure Mobile Services from an iPhone/iPad application, exploring the setup of Azure Mobile Services, looking at the data transferred by the services, and consuming in an Objective C application for the phone device.
- Please stop embedding Bootstrap classes in your HTML! - The team over a BVision discuss how chaining your application to the Twitter BootStrap CSS classes is a mistake, and is an instance of embedding appearance in the structured markup, sharing some suggestions as to how you can work wirh BootStrap without taking direct dependencies through the intellegent use of Less.
- How to use offline browser application cache using html5 manifest - Abhishek Sur takes a look at the HTML5 offline capabilities, exploring how the manifest controls the items which get kept locally, and looking at updating offline’d content.
- What web developers need to know about IE10 compatibility - Jerry Nixon takes a look at some resources, tools and browser features which can help you ensure that your web applications will work as intended on Internet Explorer 10
- Introduction to NServiceBus - Daniel Marbach shares a presentation and notes looking at the key concepts and principles behind the use of NServiceBus.
- how to install WebDeploy on Windows Server 2012 - The team over at OrcsWeb Hosting share a walk through of getting WebDeploy set up and working on Windows 2012, providing easy deployment and migration of web application onto a 2012 server.
- Integration Testing FTP Connections in .Net - Doug Rathbone takes a look at providing a real integration test for some FTP based functionality by making use of a technique using an IDisposable helper class to fire up a command line FTP server for the tests
- Methods & Tools (the free software development PDF mag) Fall 2012 edition is now available… - Greg Duncan highlights the Fall (autumn) 2012 edition of Methods and Tools magazine, a software development journal which covers all aspects of the software development process, and is available as free PDF download.