‘Better late than never…’ as the saying goes. Normal service should resume tomorrow.
- [Insert required'May the...'] Source Code font ['be with you']. Source Code Pro font released by Adobe as open source - Greg Duncan highlights the release of a Source Code Font as Open Source by Adobe. This font family is the first open source font release from Adobe, and is a monospace font suitable for displaying source code in your IDE
- Code Better or Code Less? - Pawel Brodzinski discusses the link between better code and less code, and how good code is often simple and understandable, exploring each and how they both contribute to better code.
- Why SOLID Matters - Philip Japikse discusses the SOLID principles of Software development, giving an introduction to each of the 5 principles, and then looking at how to apply them in a code example.
- Bad code exposed! Do you really know when your code smells? - Chris Eargle discusses the concept of ‘Code Smells’, looking at some common instances, exploring how they are caused , looking at the impact of them, and how you can resolve them.
- Perils of the MVC4 AccountController - K. Scott Allen discusses some gotchas to be aware of with the new ASP.NET MVC 4 AccountControler which provides authentication via OAuth / Open ID
- Things we learned from production, part II - wake up or I kill you dead - Ayende continues discussion of some of the thing that the RavenDB team have learnt from production deployments, discussing the application start up of RavenDB, and some of the thing you have to consider when writing application startup code.
- Automate Log Parser to Find Your Data Faster - Peter Viola takes a look at using the Microsoft Log Parser to extract statistical information from IIS log files.
- Towards Interoperable Pointer Events: Evolving Input Events for Multiple Devices - The Internet Explorer team discuss the work they have been doing on a standard for working with the pointer / multitouch in web applications, and how it has now been accepted and re-published by the W3C.