Very Visual Studio 2012 heavy today, with lots of coverage due to the launch event yesterday. Als, I’ve added a checkbox (on the right hand site of the site layout) which will allow the toggling of ‘open in new window’ for the links in the posts. This preference will be saved (via a cookie) so should hopefully help the people who commented preferring new windows for links.
- Visual Studio 2012 Launch Website - The Visual Studio 2012 launch event happened yesterday, with a number of well received sessions looking a the new features of Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5. These sessions will be available online ‘on demand’ later today.
- Visual Studio 2012 Launch Event - To go along with the event, the Visual Studio website has been updated to contain all the important information about editions, pricing etc.
- Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Launch - Somasegar discusses the contents of the Visual Studio 2012 launch event, and the announcement of Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop, filling a gap in the product lineup.
- Visual Studio Update this Fall - Brian Harry looks to the future with a discussion of when the first significant update to Visual Studio 2012 will be, and taking a look at what will likely be included
- Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop is Here - Jennifer Leaf and the Visual Studio Team discuss the newly announced addition to the Visual Studio Express product line with an edition aimed at Deskop Development, which brings with a a good feature set, making it a good choice for those without access to the full VS tool set.
- FREE: Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop - Scott Hanselman shares his feelings and relief regarding the release of Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop, plugging an important gap that appeared in the move from the language specific Express product line up to task specific.
- Tune in to the Visual Studio 2012 Launch - Jason Zander highlights some more exciting and significant features included in the Visual Studio product and highlighted in the launch events.
- Announcing F# Tools for Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web! - Don Syme highlights the news that F# tooling is now available for inclusion in the Visual Studio Express for Web edition, bringing F# development into the hands of a wider group of developers.
- Celebrating the Visual Studio 2012 launch with the release of a popular App - Brandon Bray highlights some of his favorite features included in Visual Studio 2012, and highlights the release of a ‘What’s new in the .NET 4.5′ application which demonstrates a number of key features while giving you information about .NET 4.5.
- Nancy 0.12 released! - Andreas Håkansson announces the release of Nancy 0.12, now officially available, and published as a NuGet package. The team (20 developers contributed to this release)have made significant efforts in this release, closing 64 work items, including the key feature of Content Negotiation.
- Static analysis of "is" - Eric Lippert congratulates the ,NET and Visual Studio teams on the official launch, before diving back into static analysis and looking at the is operator in C#
- Windows Azure Mobile Services Preview Walkthrough - Part 3: Pushing Notifications to Windows 8 Users (C#) - Roger Jennings continues his series looking at the new Windows Azure Mobile Services, taking a look at how notifications are implemented in this step by step walk through.
- Integrate OpenAuth/OpenID with your existing ASP.NET application using Universal Providers - Pranav Rastogi answers some common questions about the OpenAuth / OpenID providers and existing applications with a step by step look at introducing them