- Link to new .NET Framework Repair Tool that can diagnose and repair .NET Framework 4 setup issue - Aaron Stebner highlights a useful bit of diagnostic and repair tooling from Microsoft which aims to assist with repairing broken setup issues with the .NET Framework 4.0
- To constructor or to property dependency? - Krzysztof Kozmic discusses the two practices for satisfying dependencies in your classes , using Constructor Parameters or properties to supply dependencies to your classes, looking at the common thinking in the area and discussing the flaws in this way of working.
- Favor Composition Over Inheritance - Thales C discusses another development practice, the idea of preferring Composition over Inheritance, looking at the pros and cons of each.
- Mac Kung Fu, 2nd ed, September issue of PragPub Magazine - The team over at The Pragmatic Bookshelf announce their September edition of PragPub magazine, containing discussion of Operations in keeping high volume web applications up, Haskell, iPhone Application development, and threading.
- Supporting arbitrary types in Azure Mobile Services managed client - complex types - Carlos Figueira continues his exploration of the use of non-standard data types in the Azure Mobile Services, taking a look at the definition and use of more complex data structures in this post.
- NuGet Perf, Part VII AKA getting results is only half the work - Ayende continues his series looking at rebuilding the NuGet search, taking a look at adding additional information to search results such as facets which describes the tags which are contained in the data.
- Debugging in IE10 on Windows 8 - Eric Lawrence takes a look at debugging your client side code in Internet Explorer 10, discussing how you can go about testing and debugging your applications in the desktop edition making it behave similarly to the ‘Metro’ version
- The Amazing Race - Ron Jacobs muses on multi threaded code, and the dreaded race condition bugs, thinking about how these types of issues apply at an API level in things like Windows WorkFlow.
- Nokia Lumia 920 vs. Lumia 900: what’s changed? - Daniel Cooper over at Engadget gives a side by side comparison of the specifications for the newly announced Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 device
- Technical Debt: Making the Case - Zac Gery discusses Technical Debt as a concept, and looks at how you should go about building a well structured business case for resolving technical debt.
- DevDay 2012 - DevDay 2012 is a free conference being held in Kraków, Poland on the 5th October 2012. The event has an impressive speaker lineup on its single track. Registrations will be opening shortly, and the registration process sounds a little more selective than some, but this is sure to be a great opportunity to see some fantastic sessions.