- Windows Server 2012 Launch - Windows Server 2012 is now available, with evaluation editions available to download, and a new launch website containing lots of good Windows Server 2012 content discussing cloud, datacentre, IT services and Modern applications.
- Download: Windows Management Framework 3.0 - Yesterday saw the release of the Windows Management Framework 3.0, which includes PowerShell 3.0, along with an updated WMI and WinRM.
- Releasing the new Sample Browser for Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2010 - Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework - The Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework announce the release of their latest Sample Browser application for Visual Studio 2012 and 2010, now sporting full integration with the IDE, improved searching, and easy sample downloading.
- MSDN Magazine: September 2012 - The September edition of MSDN Magazine is now available online, with a significant focus on articles on Visual Studio 2012, exploring productivity improvements, cloud development, ALM, and much more, along with articles on EF5, Mobile application development and much more.
- ASP.NET Frameworks and Raw Throughput Performance - Rick Strahl takes a look at the relative performance of the different Microsoft web frameworks built on top of ASP.NET, running some simple benchmarking using ApacheBench to test throughput.
- Receiving request file or data in Streamed mode at a Web API service , Opting in controllers to show up on Help Page & Handling Compression (Accept-Encoding) Sample - Kiran Challa takes a look at a few aspects of ASP.NET Web aPI, exploring how you can recieve request data in a stream, controlling which controllers appear in API Explorer Help Pages, and looking at adding support for the Accept-Encoding header to allow compression of responses.
- RouteCollection.LowercaseUrls .Net 4.5 - Daniel Wertheim takes a look at an improvement to routing in .NET 4.5 which provides an easier way to obtain lower cased urls in your routes.
- Working with Enums and Templates In ASP.NET MVC - K. Scott Allen takes a look at representing and editing Enum values in ASP.NET MVC sharing some sample code to build dropdown lists for Enums.
- ASP.NET MVC DisplayTemplate and EditorTemplates for Entity Framework DbGeography Spatial Types - Scott Hanselman is also taking a look at displaying and editing specialist data types and discusses the Entity Framework DbGeography data type and having a good editor and display template for these.
- NuGet Perf, Part VI AKA how to be the most popular dev around - Ayende continues his series looking at rebuilding the NuGet backend against RavenDB, in this part looking at how leveraging some of the more advanced features of RavenDB can allow the searches performed against the data to be more useful with suggestions of similar results rather than exact matches.
- Using PowerShell for dynamic JSON parsing - Doug Finke discusses the improvements in JSON data handling in PowerShell 3.0, illustrating the new features with some examples.