- Announcing Windows Azure Mobile Services - Scott Guthrie announces the latest innovation from the Windows Azure Team, Windows Azure Mobile Services. Windows Azure Mobile Services provides an easy way to authenticate users, store data, and notify clients across a range of platforms, while utilizing the cloud for scalability.
- ReSharper 7.0.1: Bugfix Update Available - JetBrains announce the release of ReSharper 7.0.1, a bugfix release which addresses issues reported since the RTM release, with a significant focus on memory and performance related issues.
- New Beta of GhostDoc v4 - Tatworth highlights SubMain’s announcement of a beta release of GhostDoc v4, a tool to make documenting your code base easier. V4 includes a number of substantial new features, and includes Visual Studio 2012 compatibility.
- Announcing TouchDevelop v2.10: tutorial videos, code synthesis, trace+replay, and more! - Nikolai Tillmann and the TouchDevelop Team announce their latest release, V2.10. This release is the result of the work for the Team supplemented by some summer interns, and includes new debugging features, editor improvements, and improved documentation.
- Introducing Windows Azure Mobile Services - Carlos Figueira, who has been working with the Windows Azure team on the Windows Azure Mobile Services discusses what he feels are the key areas which these services offer best value.
- Evolving the Reflection API - Brandon Bray discusses how the Reflection API has changed in the .NET API set for Windows Store Apps, discussing how the team went about deciding what functionality to include based upon the common usage scenarios, and how they went about re-organising the API
- Async in Entity Framework 6.0 - K. Scott Allen takes a sneak peek at the new Async support coming in Entity Framework 6.0, showing how some of the new methods look in use in common scenarios.
- TFS Shipping Cadence - Brian Harry discusses the TFS team’s development practices and how they have been moving to a shorter release cadence, with planning reaching out to 12-18 months
- Rapid Prototyping, the MVC Working Model - Edward Charbeneau shares some techniques and practices for building good looking functional working prototypes using ASP.NET MVC
- Data Duplication and Replication - Udi Dahan discusses the role of duplicated data in CQRS based architectures, looking at different types of duplicated data (business data and de-normalised data) and discussing how he considers duplicate data in these scenarios.
- DDD North - Agenda Released and Registration Open - The Agenda has now been finalised and released, and Registration has now opened for the DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper North conference on Saturday 13th October taking place at Bradford University. Be sure to register quickly for this event as place are sure to fill up quickly.
- Windows 8 Code Weekend - Another reminder for the dev4good organised Windows 8 Code Weekend, running in conjunction with TheGivingLab.org and Givey.co.uk, and taking place on the weekend 8/9th September in London
- How I learned to stop worrying and love my community - Ben Dornis shares his inspiring story of how community involvement really helped him grow as a developer, and encourages you to get involved with your community