- MEF and TPL Dataflow NuGet Packages for .NET Framework 4.5 - Immo Landwerth announces the release of the RTM versions of The Managed Extensibility Framework and Task Parallel Library DataFlow NuGet Packages, These components complement the .NET 4.5 RTM release.
- Lucene.Net becomes top-level project at Apache - The H Open highlights the news that the Lucene.NET project has graduated from the Apache Incubator status, and is now a fully fledged top-level Apache Project.
- Bootstrap 2.1.0 released - The Twitter Bootstrap team announce a new update to Twitter BootStrap, their HTML layouit framework. This release while being a point release contains a large number of improvements and features along with over 120 bugfixes.
- NUnitLite for Silverlight - Charlie Poole discusses the latest progress on NUnitLite for Silverlight, a Silverlight based testing framework which allows the testing of Silverlight code from within Silverlight
- About signing assemblies, GAC and friends - Ran Wahle discusses the ins and outs of signing assemblies and placing them in the Global Assembly Cache, and also takes a look at some of the problems that signing can cause for people working with your assemblies.
- Visual Studio project compatibility and VisualStudioVersion - Sayed-Ibrahim-Hashimi discusses the project compatibility features of Visual Studio 2012 which allows you to work with solutions and projects in both VS2012 and VS2010, looking at how the project file structure is changed and discussing some possible problems you may encounter.
- An Introduction to ASP.NET Web API - Rick Strahl shares a nice introduction to the new ASP.NET Web API included in the RTM release of Visual Studio 2012 / .NET 4.5, walking through the use of the features of this platform covering everything from output formats to exception handling.
- Windows Azure Media Services and the London 2012 Olympics - Scott Guthrie discusses how the Windows Azure Media Services where utilized by a number of broadcasters for their online Olympic Games broadcasts, discussing some of the features which made it so successful.
- Visual Studio 2012 Metro Styles for WPF - Winfried Lötzsch shares a set of stylings for WPF applications which give a similar look and feel to that of Visual Studio 2012 in this CodeProject article.
- Visual Studio 2012 Virtual Launch Event — September 12, 2012 - Zain Naboulsi highlights the official Visual Studio 2012 Launch Event which will be taking place ‘virtually’ on 12th September.
- Central Texas GiveCamp needs volunteers - The good folks over at HeadSpring are organising a weekend long GiveCamp event in Central Texas next month and are now looking for people to volunteer their services as designers and developers for the event.
- Learn how to create Windows 8 apps that could change the way people live their lives - In a similar vein Lee Stott highlights an event organised by dev4good, TheGivingLab.org and Givey.co.uk which is technology themed for Windows 8, taking place on 8th September in London.