- Announcing Git Integration with TFS & Introducing Kanban – Brian Harry announces two new capabilities for TFS, new features for visualizing your development flow via Kanban boards and the ability to integrate Git into your TFS based development workflow along with TFS.
- Mono 2.11.3 is out – Miguel de Icaza highlights the latest preview release of Mono 2.11, which includes Entity Framework and .NET 4.5 async features.
- SQL Data Sync Preview 6 is now live! – The SQL Azure Sync Team announce the news that their latest release has now been fully rolled out to production, which brings with it the improvements to performance of provisioning and sync tasks, and improves performance between on-premise and cloud databases.
- Synchronous to Asynchronous Explained – Jeremy Likness discusses the techniques and considerations in taking a synchronous task and converting it to an asynchronous task.
- Reliable job scheduling with NServiceBus and Quartz.NET – Jimmy Bogard takes a look at task scheduling, and looks at a solution which combines Quartz.NET for the scheduling part and NServiceBus for the actual execution of the tasks.
- Release Preview edition of Programming Windows, Sixth Edition available tomorrow – Microsoft Press announce the planned availability of the Preview edition of Programming Windows Sixth Edition, available today as an e-book at a reduced rate.
- Windows 8 Release Preview Guide – Tim Bush highlights a useful guide to some of the major changes and new features of Windows 8. If you’ve not yet tried Windows 8, or simply haven’t experimented much with it this guide will give you some useful tips
- Windows high speed logging: ETW in C#/.NET using System.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventSource – Vance Morrison discusses some of the reasons why you should consider using Event Tracing for Windows as a high performance way of adding logging into your applications
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1167