- Kinect Toolbox 1.2 - David Catuhe announces the release of Kinect Toolbox 1.2 the latest version of this useful collection of tools and samples for Kinect for Windows which includes context tracking, tools, mouse controller tooling and gesture support, along with plenty of samples
- Control access at the database level using the improved Windows Azure SQL Database firewall rules - Kumar Vivek highlights the recent improvements to the Windows Azure SQL Database Firewall which helps protect your data by restricting access to your SQL databases
- "I want to program my firewall using IP ranges to allow outbound access only to my cloud apps" - Clemens Vasters discusses the problems and an alternative for those wishing to restrict access on firewalls to ‘Windows Azure’
- [Video] Windows Azure Virtual Machines Explained - Shaymaa A shares a short 8 minute video which looks at the Virtual Machine functionality available in Windows Azure
- Micro Benchmarking Your ASP.Net Pages Using Apache Bench - Doug Rathbone takes a look at performance testing your web pages using the Apache Bench testing tool, walking through its use and sharing sample configuration.
- Simulating Web API - JSON Formatters in ASP.NET MVC - Dino Esposito takes a look at emulating some of the behaviour of ASP.NET Web API in ASP.NET MVC, showing how you can implement a lot of the RESTful features in MVC too.
- Computational Types in C# and F# - Marc Clifton takes a look at the implementation of computational types in both C# and F# and how they can be used to automate value computation using reflection in this CodeProject article.
- Hidden Gems inside .Net Classes - Dean Hume discusses one of the hidden gems of the .NET Framework, the CultureInfo class, looking at some of its useful features.
- Windows 8 - devices & app development Survey - Friend of ‘The Brew’ Craig Murphy has a short survey regarding Windows 8 Devices and Plans for development on the platform - only 4 questions, all multi choice, so if you have a spare 30 seconds please help him out.