Posted by Chris Alcock on 26 Jul 2012 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- ReSharper 7.0 is Released – JetBrains announce the official release of ReSharper 7.0, their latest version of this Developer Productivity extension for Visual Studio. The V7 release supports VS2005, 2008 2010 and adds support for Visual Studio 2012, along with capabilities for WinRT Metro application development, amongst an array of other new features.
- The Open XML SDK 2.5 CTP is now available for download – S. D. Oliver announces the availability of a Community Technology Preview of the Open XML SKD2.5 which supports the features of Office 2013 Preview
- Free ASP.NET Training Videos from aspConf now available for download or streaming – Scott Hanselman highlights the abundance of excellent technical content from the aspConf virtual conference now available online to stream. Lots of really good sessions there, and the espcially nice thing is that it was a virtual conference, so you can be sure that the recorded content will be clear!
- Reader Question: Member Initializers vs. Constructors – Bill Wagner responds to a reader question on the use of member initializers, discussing his recommended bast practices in the area, as well as some of the justification for how the feature works.
- The Truth About .NET Objects And Sharing Them Between AppDomains – Alois Kraus discusses the size and structure of .NET objects, looking at how you can work with them, and exploring passing pointers to objects between application domains, interesting, if slightly scary stuff!
- Evolution of the Entity Framework: Lesson 5 – K. Scott Allen continues his series looking at the history and lessons from the development of the Entity Framework, discussing the use of angle brackets (XML)
- NHibernate Pitfalls: Querying Unmapped Properties With LINQ – Ricardo Peres continues his series looking at NHibernate Pitfalls with a discussion of querying non-mapped properties of objects, looking at the three options available to make this work.
- Announcing BUILD 2012 – Tim O’Brien announces the plans for this year’s BUILD conference to be held at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond between 30th October and 2nd November, with registration opening on 8th August.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1154
Posted by Chris Alcock on 25 Jul 2012 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
Hopefully no typos today!
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1153
Posted by Chris Alcock on 24 Jul 2012 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
Update: Mistyped Troy Hunt’s firstname this morning…..not having a good week for these things! Sorry Troy.
- Announcing Gallio and MbUnit 3.4 – Yann Trevin highlights the latest release of the Gallio and MbUnit Testing framework and runner, now supporting ReSharper 6.1 and also the latest versions of XUnit.net and NUnit, along with support for Async Tests in MbUnit4.
- Exterminate Common jQuery Bugs Video – Elijah Manor highlights the availability of the recording of his aspConf session on the eradication of common jQuery bugs on Channel 9, where gradually all the session videos from aspConf are becoming available.
1 Comment »
« Previous Page — Next Page »