Update: Mistyped Troy Hunt’s firstname this morning…..not having a good week for these things! Sorry Troy.
- Announcing Gallio and MbUnit 3.4 - Yann Trevin highlights the latest release of the Gallio and MbUnit Testing framework and runner, now supporting ReSharper 6.1 and also the latest versions of XUnit.net and NUnit, along with support for Async Tests in MbUnit4.
- Stronger password hashing in .NET with Microsoft’s universal providers -
ToryTroy Hunt continues discussion of password hashing with a look at how you can get stronger password hashing while still using the standard ASP.NET functionality by way of universal providers
- BSON (Binary JSON) and how your Web API can be even faster - Filip W takes a look at introducing BSON (Binary JSON) into your Web API implementations to support higher throughput due to smaller payloads that BSON gives, walking through implementing a BSON formatter and looking at it in use.
- An easy way to write an integration test with Web API - Ugo Lattanzi discusses how Web API can easily be integration tested, looking at how a base class for integration tests which wires up all the correct bits will make it even easier.
- DSLs : A Deep(ish) look - Sacha Barber takes a detailed look at a variety of different internal DSL techniques, working through a detailed example to illustrate them in this CodeProject article.
- The .NET Framework 4.5 includes new garbage collector enhancements for client and server apps - Brandon Bray shares a post from Abhishek Mondal and Maoni Stephens who work on the Garbage Collector in the CLR which discusses the improvements to garbage collection included in .NET 4.5 which aims to increase performance and reduce the stalls garbage collection can cause in your applications.
- FileLoadException: Could not load file for Version 188.8.131.52, Portable Class Library - Derik Whittaker highlights a gotcha to be aware of when working with the Portable Class Library caused by requiring a .NET update to enable portable class library code to run.
- How do I Test Internet Explorer 10 Touch Behavior Without a Touch Device? - Pat Altimore discusses the testing of touch based behavior in Internet Explorer 10 when you don’t have access to touch based hardware, and looks at the use of the Visual Studio Simulator included in VS2012 which allows you to simulate Windows 8 with Touch.
- Announcing the CloudyDeveloper.com Blog - The Web Development Tools Team at Microsoft highlight a new Blog from the Developer Experience folks which focuses on developing cloud based applications on Windows Azure using the full range of web technologies possible on Azure.
- Windows 8: The right way to Read & Write Files in WinRT - Jerry Nixon discusses the different ways of acceding and storing files in Windows 8 WinRT based applications
- Hardware accelerating everything: Windows 8 graphics - Steven Sinofsky shares a post from Rob Copeland discussing the graphics functionality within Windows 8, and how the team have worked hard to improve the experience on the biggest range of graphics hardware ever supported in a Windows release, ranging from extreme low power tablet devices to the crazy high power graphics cards in today’s workstations and gaming machines, discussing different graphics techniques along the way.
- Get All Types in an Assembly - Phil Haack discusses the problem with enumerating the types in an assembly the easy way, discussing a solution which allows you to avoid problems when certain types cannot be loaded
- Throttling F# Events using the Reactive Extensions - Mathias Brandewinder discusses combining the F# language with the Reactive Extensions to throttle event raising within an application allowing you to slow down the events being processed.
- Exterminate Common jQuery Bugs Video - Elijah Manor highlights the availability of the recording of his aspConf session on the eradication of common jQuery bugs on Channel 9, where gradually all the session videos from aspConf are becoming available.