- Microsoft unveils the new Office - Yesterday saw the announcement of the next version of Office (15 / 2013) which embraces the new look and feel and features of Windows 8, along with better integration into cloud based services and social networking. Preview releases are available now
- Here’s why we keep getting hacked - clear and present Billabong failures - Troy Hunt discusses some of the key factors which have been involved in recent password disclosures by major sites, taking a look at a recen incident with Billabong’s website.
- Improved Toolbox Performance Delivers Highly Responsive Visual Studio 2012 - Duke Kamstra and Chuck England discuss the improvements made to the performance of the Visual Studio 2012 Toolbox, discussing how the toolbox works, and how they were able to improve performance.
- Self-Host with Web API - Ugo Lattanzi discusses the self hosting capability of ASP.NET Web API, and how Web API differs from ASP.NET MVC in implementation to allow this self hosting,looking at how you can self host Web API in another application
- Dependency Injection with ASP.NET Web API and Autofac - Ron Cain takes a look at how you can integrate WebAPI with dependency injection provided by AutoFac walking through step by step.
- Should I unit- or integration test my ASP.NET Web API services? - Jef Claes discusses the testing of ASP.NET Web API code, debateing the level at which testing should be performed, and looking at how test friendly ASP.NET Web API is.
- Everything you want to know about ASP.NET Web API content negotiation - Filip W takes a detailed look at the ASP.NET Web API Content Negotiation feature, exploring in detail how it works and how you can work with it to produce output in different formats.
- Deploying: Add Git support to your IIS server - Jonas Hovgaard highlights Kudu the project which is behind the Windows Azure Git Deployment, and takes a look at how you can make use of Kudu yourself to add Git publishing to any IIS server.
- Team Foundation Service Updates 7/16 - Brian Harry gives an update on the teams latest changes to the hosted Team Foundation Service
- Model binding with ASP.NET 4.5 and Visual Studio 2012 - Jalpesh P. Vadgama takes a look at the Model Binding support added to ASP.NET 4.5 Web Forms, illustrating with a simple example.
- .NET Memory Management Basics - Chris Farrell shares the first chapter of his .NET Memory Management e-book (available for free from the Simple Talk site) discussing the heap and stack, how the interact, along with a discussion of Garbage collection, and other types of variable.