- Visual Studio 2012 and TFS 2012 Official Release Timeframe Announced - Ed Blankenship highlights the news disclosed by Jason Zander that Visual Studio 2012 and TFS 2012 will RTM in early August along with Windows, so not long to wait now…
- Telerik frees its OpenAccess ORM (i.e. it’s now free, as in just download it, it’s free) - Greg Duncan highlights the news that Telerik’s OpenAccessORM is now a free product, allowing you to use this Object Relational Mapper which supports 12 different database platforms in your applications for free.
- jQuery 1.8 Beta 2 Released - The jQuery Team announce the release of their second beta of jQuery 1.8, and at this stage the team need your help to test this version in your own applications and across a range of browsers to identify any issues to resolve before release.
- Node.js development with WebMatrix 2 + Express (Part 3) - Steve Sanderson rounds out his video series looking at using Node.js and Express with WebMatrix 2 to build a simple single page application which is optimized for use on mobile devices. This part explores the mobile optimization part, looking at making the application work better on small screen devices, and ensuring that it loads quickly.
- CSRF and AntiForgeryToken - ‘After2050′ takes a look at the use of the AntiForgeryToken in protecting against Cross Site Request Forgery in ASP.NET MVC in this CodeProject article.
- Porting NLog to Metro-style/WinRT… or why starting again is a good idea - Matthew Baxter-Reynolds discusses his effort to port NLog to WinRT / Metro and shares his first cut at a new simple logging framework for WinRT called MetroLog.
- "Building Hybrid Applications in the Cloud on Windows Azure" free ebook RTW’s - Greg Duncan highlights the 3rd Edition of the Patterns and Practices team’s free ebook on Building hybrid applications to run on the Windows Azure Cloud.