- Announcing jQuery Mobile 1.1.1 RC1 - The jQuery Mobile team announces the release their first release candidate of jQuery Mobile 1.1.1. This release is a maintenance release and updates jQuery Mobile 1.1 with all the post go-live bugs fixes and minor improvements. The team are keen to get your feedback, so if you already have a jQuery Mobile 1.1 project give this new version a try.
- jQuery UI 1.9 Beta - It’s busy times in the jQuery world with the release of jQuery UI 1.9 Beta, another major evolution of the jQuery UI project, with over 2000 new commits added and three new widgets, there is plenty of new stuff here.
- How we got rid of the database - part 6 - Gabriel Schenker continues his series looking at removing the database component from the system he works on and moving to a CQRS and Event Sourcing solution instead. This post explores the serialization and storage of events from aggregates in the event store.
- jQuery Core: Version 1.9 and Beyond - The jQuery team discuss the road beyond their 1.9 core release, discussing plans for jQuery 2.0 and along with it the removal of support for older versions of Internet Explorer
- Kendo UI Mobile with Knockout for Master-Detail Views - Steve Michelotti takes a look at using the free Kendo UI Mobile controls from Telerik combining them with Knockout to create a master details view implementation illustrating with a simple task management applications.
- Getting your Azure Web site to use node v0.8.1 now - Glenn Block highlights the release of Node 0.8.1 a bugfix release on top of the recent 0.8 release, and also discusses how you can use it now on Windows Azure
- There’s a new .Net Digital Magazine in town… DNC Magazine (#dncmag) - Greg Duncan highlights a new .NET themed online magazine from the folks over at Dot Net Curry. They will be publishing DNC Magazine online every other month, with article themes such as MVC4, SignalR, Knockout.js, TDD, VS ALM, HTML5, Azure and Metro Applications. Well worth checking out.
- INotifyPropertyChanged Implementation for VS2012 - Kathleen Dollard takes a look at the new easy way of implementing INotifyPropertyChanged without the need for ‘magic strings’ in Visual Studio 2012 / .NET 4.5
- Roll your own free .NET technical conference - Brian Schroer highlights some of the excellent quality recorded sessions from this year’s technology conferences, allowing you to arrange a custom conference with great content from the comfort of your own desk.
- Video: Cloud Services Talk from UK’s Cloud Day: London, 22nd June &
Video: Cloud Services Talk from UK’s Cloud Day: London, 22nd June - Planky shares the video recordings taken from the recent UK Cloud Day. The recorded sessions take a look at the recent June 2012 release of Azure and all its key new features, along with an improved version of cloud services talk and demo.
- Wine Nodebook: A Node.js app which uses Azure Table Storage - Matt Harrington shares a look at Wine Notebook, a sample Node.js application which makes use of Windows Azure table storage and also discusses How to paginate in Node.js using Azure Table Storage.
- Stacked - The Stack Usergroup here in Liverpool welcome Mike Taulty, Gill Cleeren and Giles Davis for a free full day developer event on Tuesday 7th August which will explore Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012. Space is limited, and its likely to fill up quickly, so register while you can.
- Take a free guided tour of Visual Studio 11 and .NET 4.5 with Gill Cleeren - Gill Cleeren is on tour again, and will be visiting the Bristol based .NET Developer Network on the evening of Wednesday 4th July for a session on VS11 and .NET 4.5