- Thinking Linq – Chris Missal shows there is often more than one way to re-write foreach style looping code with Linq, and that often the end result is the same in terms of the IL generated.
- Visual Studio 2012 New Features: Code Clone Analysis – Zain Naboulsi continues his series of posts exploring the new and exciting features in Visual Studio 2012 RC taking a look at the new detect clones functionality to help find similar bits of code in your solution.
- Using Razor together with ASP.NET Web API – Fredrik Normén takes a look at implementing custom formatters to help improve the structure of some ASP.NET Web API based code which switches rendering between Razor View and JSON output, helping to improve the codes compliance with the SOLID principles.
- Skinny controller in ASP.NET MVC 4 – Thang Chung discusses how we can learn from other MVC based communities like the Rails platform, and looks at implementing skinny controllers to improve the quality of his ASP.NET MVC Code.
- Mapping Routes with Fluent Builder – Chris Eargle discusses the concept of Fluent Interface and takes a look at the concepts applied to ASP.NET MVC Routing, sharing an implementation of a simple fluent interface for constructing routes.
- Error Handling in ASP.NET WebAPI – Youssef Moussaoui discusses how ASP.NET Web API handles errors and looks at the different ways of handling them in your code
- How Octopus uses RavenDB – Paul Stovell discusses how and why he migrated from a SQL Server relational database back end to a RavenDB document / NoSql database in his Octopus Deploy project