Slides and demo code from my DDDSW 4 talk on WebSockets and SignalR can now be found here.
- AspectMap - Aspect Oriented Programming for Complete Beginners - Chris Surfleet announces the first release (0.5) of an Aspect Oriented Programming framework for StructureMap. The library is available on NuGet and provides a simple way of wiring in cross cutting concerns into your applications by way of Structure Map.
- Welcome to the Developer Tools Blog Network & Welcome to the new blog design - Lisa Feigenbaum and Jason Zander announce the new look Developer Tools Blog Network, bringing together the developer tools related blogs on MSDN under one common banner
- My Favorite Features: Managing Projects with the Backlog, Sprint Planning and Taskboard Features in Team Foundation Server 11 - Jason Zander (on his new look blog) continues discussion of his favourite features of Visual Studio 11 and TFS 11 with a look at some of the planning features included for managing and planning work.
- Getting Started on Line-of-Business HTML5 App - Part 5 Drawing on Canvas - Bruce Kyle continues his series looking at the development of Line of Business applications using HTML5 features, exploring the use of the Canvas element in this part.
- Working With Micro-ORM Dapper In MVC - Prashant Khandelwal.gives a nice introduction into the use of the Dapper Micro ORM in MVC based applications, walking through a sample application, and looking at the performance of Dapper in comparison to other ORM implementations.
- Fun with HTML5 Canvas, WebSocket, JQuery and ASP.NET. End-result: A live white board on a web page! - Al-Farooque Shubho walks through the creation of a live white board application using HTML5 Canvas and WebSockets - a somewhat extended version of one of my demo apps from last weekend’s talk on WebSockets and SignalR at DDDSW.
- Client-Side vs. Server-Side Rendering - Karl Seguin discusses Twitter’s recent decision to move away from client side rendering and back to server side rendering to improve page load performance, discussing how client side rendering works, and looking at when and why you might use it.
- Miguel de Icaza on ASP.NET MVC, Moonlight, and the Android Lawsuit - Jonathan Allen shares an interesting interview with Miguel de Icaza on progress with the Mono Project and the fate of Moonlight the Mono Silverlight port.