A rather light edition today as my RSS reader was rather empty this morning – maybe its the effect of the warn weather, or maybe there have been too many folks away at conferences and the like.
- Globalization, Localization And Why My Application Stopped Launching – Paulo Morgado discusses the use of the AssemblyCultureAttribute and how you generally won’t want to use it as you generally will want to use the NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute instead.
- Modernizr Rocks HTML5 – Laila Lotfi discusses the role that Modernizr plays in making the confusing world of the HTML 5 specification more useable in today’s browsers.
- Windows 8 Tablets… what I’ve spotted so far – Eric Nelson highlights the (somewhat limited) information available regarding Windows 8 tablet hardware, linking to information and designs from Intel, Lenovo, Samsung and Dell.
- PartitionKey or RowKey containing the percent ‘%’ character causes some Windows Azure Tables APIs to fail – &
- Character Encoding Issues Related to Copy Blob API – The Windows Azure Storage Team discuss a couple of issues you may run into when working with the Windows Azure Blob and Table storage APIs
- Welcome to the website of the UK Windows Azure Users Group – The UK Windows Azure User Group have two events scheduled in early June, one in Manchester, the other in London. The Manchester event is on Wednesday 6th June, and will focus on Windows Azure Storage and Building Mobile Applications on Azure. The London meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 12th June and features an open panel discussion, with a panel consisting of Richard Conway, Andy Cross, and others.