Today’s edition is a bit short due to my laptop forgetting how to let me do drag and drop (a vital part of my Morning Brew Creation Application) - copy and pasting URLs and titles takes a lot longer!
- The feeling of excitement is tangible… with the release of the tangible T4 Editor 2.0! - Greg Duncan highlights the latest major release of the Tangible T4 Editor, a significant release from the team, which adds support for VS 11 beta, makes use of the real code editor in VS, supports statement completion, and much more.
- My Favorite Features: Unit Testing Enhancements in Visual Studio 11 - Jason Zander continues his series looking at some of his favourite features of Visual Studio 11 with a look at the improvements made to Unit Testing in this new release.
- Using async and await in Silverlight 5 and .NET 4 in Visual Studio 11 with the async targeting pack - Pete Brown discusses the use of async / await, and how by using the latest compiler and the fact that the async/await is implemented by the compiler rather than the runtime, you can make use of it in other versions of the framework.
- The Problem with C# 5?s async/await Pattern - Joel Martinez discusses the async / await functionality, and how it is really useful for working with IO-bound operations at a low level, but discusses the issues around using it in higher level APIs.
- Getting Started with CSS Media Queries - Dan Wahlin discusses the use of CSS Media queries to allow you to make web pages look different on different classes of browser, working through their use in some examples.
- ASP.NET MVC Beta and RC Upgrades - Confirm your Expectations and Version Numbers in Production Environments - Scott Hanselman discusses a difference he discovered between two minor versions of ASP.NET MVC (the current daily build and the version deployed at his server), and shows how you can easily find out information about the server environment using the MvcDiagnostics NuGet Package
- Event: Windows Server 2012 Community Roadshow - Sarah Allison highlights the Windows Server 2012 Community Roadshow, running in over 20 countries, which will be in the UK in London (14th June) and Edinburgh (15th June).
- Fancy some help to port your Windows Phone app to Windows 8? - Mike Ormond highlights an exclusive 2 day event running in London on the weekend of 16/17th June. This event is targeted at developers who have applications in the Windows Phone MarketPlace, and will provide assistance in porting your applications to the Windows 8 Platform.
- Windows Azure Conference 22nd June 2012 - Further details are available about the Windows Azure Conference running in London on 22nd June, with a 4 track agenda covering cloud and related technologies.