- A look ahead at the Visual Studio 11 product lineup and platform support - The Visual Studio Team announce the official product line-up for The Visual Studio 11 release, including details of the full product SKUs and the Express editions, including a Windows Phone Express editions, and also the inclusion of LightSwitch in the main Visual Studio product in Professional, Premium and Ultimate editions.
- WCF Data Services 5.0.1 Released - The WCF Data Services Team announce the release of WCF Data Services 5.0.1, available now from NuGet, with an MSI release due in the next week. This release builds upon the preview releases, and addresses further user reported issues.
- [Visual Studio Extension Of The Day] PHP Tools for Visual Studio - Hosam Kamel highlights a Visual Studio extension which adds PHP support into the IDE, allowing PHP Developers (whether occasional or regular) to benefit from the common Editor experience of Visual Studio with the addition of syntax highlighting, code outlining, brace matching, error detection and the navigation bar.
- Developer productivity tools and Visual Studio extensions - Mehdi Khalili shares his current software list, covering both utilities and Visual Studio Extensions he makes use of, giving a short (one or 2 line) summary of what it is and how it works.
- Useful .NET Delegate Internals - Alois Kraus takes a look under the covers at how the .NET CLR actually implements Delegates, looking at investigating and working with code that makes use of delegates in WinDBG.
- Why I Hate Unit Testing - Chris Eargle discusses the importance and benefit of unit testing whilst exploring some of the negatives of bad tests by way of a short story.
- Noninvasive Unit Testing in ASP.NET MVC4 - A Microsoft Fakes Deep Dive - Rich Czyzewski takes a detailed look at the Microsoft Fakes functionality included in Visual Studio 11, looking at how you can make use of it to test ASP.NET MVC applications in this detailed step by step example.
- RabbitMQ for Windows: Topic Exchanges - Derek Greer continues his exploration of RabbitMQ working through the use of Topic Exchanges by way of a worked example.
- .Net 4.5 Gets Zippy… Zip support is baked into the .Net 4.5 Framework - Greg Duncan highlights a post from Tugberk Ugurlu looking at the inclusion of ZIP support (after all these years) in the .NET Framework 4.5
- 24 Weeks of Windows Phone Metro Design | #6 Information Architecture for a Windows Phone App - Arturo Toledo continues his series looking at the fundamentals of Windows Phone 7 Metro design, exploring some of the concepts of information architecture which you should apply to your Windows Phone applications.
- Which WCF Binding Is Best? - Rick Rainey compares the performance of the 4 different transports offered out of the box by WCF (http, net.tcp, net.pipe, net.msmq) showing that a decision of transport is a significant one for the performance of your applications.