- Announcing Portable Library Tools 2 Beta for Visual Studio 2010 - The BCL Team announce the release of Portable Library Tools 2 Beta for Visual Studio 2010. This update to the portable library tooling originally released in June 2011 adds further API features support and an improved UI.
- Silverlight 5.1.10411.0 Released Today - Pete Brown highlights an update to Silverlight 5 which most significantly addresses a security issue regarding true type fonts. Pete gives the full details in his post.
- Json.NET - Download: Json.NET 4.5 Release 5 - The JSON.NET team announce their latest release of what is fast becoming the most popular .NET JSON library. Release 5 brings a couple of new features particularly in handling loops in object graphs, along with some bugfixes and other improvements.
- The best multi-threading debugging tool is Microsoft Excel - Ayende discusses attempting to debug and fix issues which are multithreaded, and race condition like, discussing how he makes use of logging and uses Excel to help process the output.
- Inversion of Control: Overview with Examples - Himanshu Manjarawala gives a nice overview and introduction to the concepts behind inversion of control in this CodeProject article
- Help Me Improve The Marionette Wiki - Derick Bailey appeals to the community making use of his Marionette project, which has featured in The Morning Brew on a number of occasions, to help improve the documentation for the project over on the Wiki by helping out answering questions and contributing content.
- Cross-Browser Debugging CSS - Nicole Sullivan shares a number of great tips for helping to debug issues with CSS styling of pages across browsers, sharing her process for getting to the bottom of such issues.
- Using DebugDiag to capture a dump on First Chance Exception - Kaushal Kumar Panday discusses the use of DebugDiag as an easy way of capturing dumps of code when first chance exceptions occur, walking through the use of the tooling.
- MSDN Magazine on your Kindle - Liam Westley shares a tip for getting the online MSDN Magazine content onto your Kindle to facilitate offline reading - a useful tip, and one I’ll probably be making use of.
- The Floppy Disk means Save, and 14 other old people Icons that don’t make sense anymore - Scott Hanselman takes a look at a number of common icons used in applications and the world in general which are now somewhat dated.
- Speaking at SQLRelay. Will you be there? - Jamie Thomson highlights the SQL Relay event taking place at the end fo the month in Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and London over 5 days, featuring some of the best and brightest SQL Server speakers in the UK