Posted by Chris Alcock on Thursday 3rd May 2012 at 08:32 am | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Task Parallel Library and Servers, Part 4: TaskHelpers – Brad Wilson presses on with his series looking at the use of the Task Parallel Library (TPL) from server based applications written particularly in ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API. In this part Brad discusses the use of the TaskHelpers class to help make the use of tasks easier in code.
- MSDN Magazine: May 2012 – The May edition of MSDN Magazine is now available online, with articles integrating media in Windows Phone applications, HTML5 based Windows Phone apps using Apache Cordova, Web sockets, Mobile Development in ASP.NET MVC 4 and much much more.
- PragPub for May, 2012 – The Pragmatic Bookshelf announce the release of PragPub Magazine’s May 2012 edition, as usual available in a variety of electronic formats. This month sees articles on Scala, the storage of data structures, professionalism in email, command line applications, along with the usual columns.
- More PetaPoco: Id’s and Multi-POCO queries – Eli Weinstock-Herman digs deeper in his exploration of the PetaPoco micro ORM, following the themes laid out by Christiaan Baes is in his exploration of Simple.Data. In this article Eli takes a look at adding columns and tables and querying across multiple objects.
- Interested in the dirty depths of Windows 8? Check out this 83 page Windows 8 Forensic Guide – Greg Duncan highlights an 83 page guide to a variety of aspects of Windows 8 features from Amanda Thompson, looking under the hood at folder structures, registry values that underpin the functionality.
- Kata – The only way to learn TDD – Peter Provost discusses learning to develop in a Test Driven Development (TDD) way, discussing the role of the Kata exercises in getting a handle on doing TDD, and highlighting a number of Kata exercises in detail, and providing links to further ones.
- Connecting to WCF RIA Services in a Windows 8 Metro Style App using Upshot.js and Knockout.js – Dave Isbitski looks at creating a Metro stile application using Upshot.js and Knockout.js to present data retrieved from a WCF RIA Services based service
- Setting Up an Offline Production Debugging Environment – Sasha Goldshtein discusses creating a complete offline environment for debugging production issues, useful if you work in a restricted environment. In the article he looks at the tools and set up required to build a fully working debugging environment.
- From Zero to Proficient with MEF – Tim Corey gives an introduction to the Managed Extensibility Framework in this CodeProject article, looking at how you can create extensible applications and extend existing applications using MEF.
- More fun with DateTime – Jon Skeet discusses more fun and games with dates and times in your code, discussing the effect timezone changes, daylight savings, and conversions of time can result in.
1 Comment »