- A New Look for CodePlex – Mark Groves discusses the work the CodePlex team have been doing, and announces the release of a new look site, styled in the new Metro Look and feel.
- Entity Framework 4.3.1 Migrations and non English locale – Simone Chiaretta discusses an issue he ran into working with Entity Framework Migrations when using a non-English locale, sharing a workaround for the issue.
- ASP.NET MVC3 Using Code First Entity Framework Without Database Generation – Phil Fresle discusses the use of Entity Framework Code First in situations where you are not generating the database from the model, and in the updates to the post discusses tooling which can help if you are working in this way.
- Introducing Workspace Reloader – A Visual Studio AddIn to save your open files across project reloads – Scott Hanselman creates his first Visual Studio Add-in to scratch an itch the StackOverflow guys were having with project file edits outside the environment (from Version control) causing the project to reload and lose all their open windows.
- Query Optimizer Deep Dive – Part 4 – Paul White wraps up an interesting series of posts looking at the SQL Server Query Optimizer, and based around his presentation on the subject. This is well worth reading if you deal with SQL Server.
- F# for game development: Portable Class Libraries: Are they worth the trouble? – Joh discusses the Portable Class Libraries discussing some of the difficulties he’s having getting his code to work as a portable library, and wondering if it is worth the effort.
- More Simple.Data with VB.Net: adding fields and tables – Christiaan Baes continues digging into the Simple.Data MicroORM library looking at further columns and tables, and creating relationships between objects.
- Persisting enumeration classes with NHibernate – Jimmy Bogard discusses the use of Enumeration classes in C# and looks at how NHibernate provides hooks to allow persisting them to the database, and how the convention can be applied across your code base.
- ASP.NET MVC: Adding aria-required attribute for required fields – Stuart Leeks – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Stuart Leeks discusses how you can extend ASP.NET MVC to provide additional helpers which customize the markup generated further, looking at how you can apply the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) attributes to inputs.
- Event Exclusive: DDD Reading Announced – Sara Allison shares an announcement from Dave Sussman that the next DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper event to be held at Microsoft’s Reading campus will be held on Saturday 1st September.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1097