- Windows 8 Release Preview Coming June 2012 – Doug Holland highlights yesterday’s announcement by Steven Sinofsky at the Japan Windows 8 Dev Days event that the Release Preview of Windows 8 will be made available in the first week of June.
- F#, MSTest, and FsUnit 22.214.171.124 – Dan Mohl gives an update on his recent work with a new project template for UnitTesting in F# using MSTest and Visual Studio 11, and also discusses the latest update for FsUnit which brings additional asserts and support for VS11
- How to create a custom value provider in WebAPI – Mike Stall continues his series on WebAPI extensibility and Model / parameter Binding with a look at implementing a custom value provider
- ASP.NET Web API: Query string based content formatting – Gunnar Peipman also presses on with his series looking at the other end of the process, formatting the output from WebAPI calls, continuing an example formatting data into a VCard format.
- Developing Windows Azure, Cloud-Based Applications With Windows 8-What you need and how to get there – Bruno Terkaly discusses his new development environment in Windows 8, and walks through getting the required bits for Azure application development set up on Windows 8.
- How to avoid creating real tasks when unit testing async – Peter Provost discusses the use of async / await in unit tests in MSTest and xUnit.net and looks at how you can fake tasks using the VS11 Fakes functionality
- Create a great mobile experience for your website today. Please – Scott Hanselman discusses the various options for making your websites more mobile friendly, looking at how you can utilize frameworks and helper libraries to give a more native application look and feel to your site across a range of devices.
- Exploring HTML5 Canvas: Part 5 – Basic Animation – G. Andrew Duthie resumes his series diving into the functionality offered by the HTML 5 Canvas element, allowing you to draw and manipulate image content directly on your web page. This part explores simple animation, and if you haven’t seen them before be sure to check out the previous 4 parts.
- Hands-On Windows 8 Camps in May – Mike Taulty highlights a series of ‘Windows 8 Camp’ events running though out May with three events in London, and one in Birmingham, and the possibility of Manchester and Edinburgh events too – a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the Windows 8 development labs with help on hand from experts.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1091